Best football program in Wilson County

BKisler

Just curious as who you think has the best football program in Wilson County ( Friendship Christian, Lebanon, Mt Juliet, Wilson Central or any other ? Some say FC and their two straight 2A titles and I think it is MJ. I would rather have two straight 6A semi final losses than two straight 2A championships. To me the level of competition makes all of the difference.

Just curious as who you think has the best football program in Wilson County ( Friendship Christian, Lebanon, Mt Juliet, Wilson Central or any other ? Some say FC and their two straight 2A titles and I think it is MJ. I would rather have two straight 6A semi final losses than two straight 2A championships. To me the level of competition makes all of the difference.

From an outsider looking in, it has to be Mt. Juliet. What Roger Perry has done there is nothing short of amazing

• Upvote 1

FCS has a great program. What they have accomplished the last 2 years has been amazing. I would rather have the chance to play for a 6A title than a 2A title. The difference in the level of talent and competition if huge. I am not saying that FCS does not have talent and athletes. Just so many more per team in 6A. When you have the chance to compete for a 6A championship you are competing at the highest level of competition in the state.

• Upvote 1

Everyone keeps avoiding the real question though... obviously FC is proud of their state title, who wouldn't be? But come on, if they had been in 5 or 6a in the past 2 years, do you think they would still be where they are now?? Nobody will admit it, but the level of competition is a big difference from 4 divisions. Gordonsville / Trousdale are pretty good games for FC. So how do you think they would compete vs a 6a power? like what usually happens when smaller schools play bigger schools, I could see FC competing with MJ for the first half, but they wouldn't have anything left in the tank in the 2nd half when mj keeps putting fresh bodies on the field. And I wouldn't be so quick to put FC ahead of WC in this debate...no, central hasn't been winning any state championships, but how would they fare if they had a 2a playoff schedule?