Best football program in Wilson County

BKisler

So I guess Jackson Co, Clay Co, Red Boiling Springs, Pickett Co and oh let me not forget Monterey are more formidable than Hendersonville, Beech, Wilson Central, Mt Juliet, Lebanon and Station Camp. C'mon now....

As I stated before, I was unaware they even played. I only keep up with football and rarely basketball. Congrats on FCS's wins in baseball.

I only commented in defense of our "subpar district" in a few people's eyes.

Slim, your smarter than this!! Besides you will get your chance Sept 27. You can prove all of this when Trousdale Co plays Gallatin. I guarantee you this will not be Gallatin's best team ever. The Yellow Jackets will have a shot to beat the Wave. I guess if we do not disband the program and district due to inferiority. Please......

So I guess Jackson Co, Clay Co, Red Boiling Springs, Pickett Co and oh let me not forget Monterey are more formidable than Hendersonville, Beech, Wilson Central, Mt Juliet, Lebanon and Station Camp. C'mon now....

As I stated before, I was unaware they even played. I only keep up with football and rarely basketball. Congrats on FCS's wins in baseball.

I only commented in defense of our "subpar district" in a few people's eyes.

Slim, your smarter than this!! Besides you will get your chance Sept 27. You can prove all of this when Trousdale Co plays Gallatin. I guarantee you this will not be Gallatin's best team ever. The Yellow Jackets will have a shot to beat the Wave. I guess if we do not disband the program and district due to inferiority. Please......

Look TC has ALWAYS played larger classification schools, from TN and other states, and had reasonable success against them.... the top three single A schools, year in and year out, are better than 80% of the AAA schools...just saying...as Ripley would say...BeLiEvE iT oR nOt.

And congrats on the FC baseball team being good..... wow I had no idea that it translated to how good their football team should be. Depth isn't an issue in baseball. But it's crucial in football.

And Vols... how is 7AAA the only district in the mid state who has good programs with "gold balls" ? Out of all the Rutherford teams, three have won state. Oakland, Riverdale, Smyrna. The same amount have gold balls in 9AAA with Gallatin, Beech, Portland. Hendersonville was a state runner up 2 years ago. And to add, Mj is the team in the mid state with the most recent success in 6A, not a 7AAA school. Beech has won the 5A title twice in the past 4 years, and had plenty of talent to have competed for the 6A title last year. Believe what you want, but the facts are the facts and this is a verry solid district overall. If you swapped your district with 9AAA for a couple years in 2A, you would finally notice the difference. You guys play Red Boiling Springs...that right there alone says enough about the caliber of teams that you are competing against.

Edited by thegreatone36

And congrats on the FC baseball team being good..... wow I had no idea that it translated to how good their football team should be. Depth isn't an issue in baseball. But it's crucial in football.

And Vols... how is 7AAA the only district in the mid state who has good programs with "gold balls" ? Out of all the Rutherford teams, three have won state. Oakland, Riverdale, Smyrna. The same amount have gold balls in 9AAA with Gallatin, Beech, Portland. Hendersonville was a state runner up 2 years ago. And to add, Mj is the team in the mid state with the most recent success in 6A, not a 7AAA school. Beech has won the 5A title twice in the past 4 years, and had plenty of talent to have competed for the 6A title last year. Believe what you want, but the facts are the facts and this is a verry solid district overall. If you swapped your district with 9AAA for a couple years in 2A, you would finally notice the difference. You guys play Red Boiling Springs...that right there alone says enough about the caliber of teams that you are competing against.

Most recently, Beech beat Oakland (the team picked to win 7AAA this year) fairly easily in the spring. Hendersonville (finished 6th in 9 AAA) beat Riverdale (finished 3rd in 7AAA) on their home field last year. Two good indicators this season will be when Beech plays Siegel and MJ plays Blackman.

You are absolutely right, Slim, Trousdale Co has routinely played larger schools from Tn and Ky. Several reasons for that. One huge reason is that there are more schools with larger student bodies than Hartsville. In other words, you had no choice. Especially since TC is one of the top programs in the state in their classification. Which is another huge reason why a lot of schools at the same size do not want to play you. I have liked watching TC play and have cheered for them to do well. Everytime I have been over their I have been treated good. I can't say anything bad about the program. I think the game between Gallatin and Trousdale will be good for both schools. Should be a great crowd. Looking forward to it.

Most recently, Beech beat Oakland (the team picked to win 7AAA this year) fairly easily in the spring. Hendersonville (finished 6th in 9 AAA) beat Riverdale (finished 3rd in 7AAA) on their home field last year. Two good indicators this season will be when Beech plays Siegel and MJ plays Blackman.

Oakland also turned the ball over several times deep in Beech territory, it was a good scrimmage for both teams, to which the score means nothing once Week 0 starts. While I do think 9-AAA is a heck of a league, 7-AAA is probably a little better from top to bottom.

Edited by 7AAANetwork

The Hendersonville/ Riverdale game is always a good one. Gallatin went 1-1 against Oakland in the past two years and always did great scrimmaging Riverdale/Blackman/Smyrna all but last year. Beech/Siegel, Mj/Blackman, Hville/Riverdale will answer everybodys questions for this year. No doubt 7AAA is USUALLY the toughest district, but I honestly think 9 is right on par with them at the moment

Edited by thegreatone36

You are absolutely right, Slim, Trousdale Co has routinely played larger schools from Tn and Ky. Several reasons for that. One huge reason is that there are more schools with larger student bodies than Hartsville. In other words, you had no choice. Especially since TC is one of the top programs in the state in their classification. Which is another huge reason why a lot of schools at the same size do not want to play you. I have liked watching TC play and have cheered for them to do well. Everytime I have been over their I have been treated good. I can't say anything bad about the program. I think the game between Gallatin and Trousdale will be good for both schools. Should be a great crowd. Looking forward to it.

I'm gonna buy you a hotdog and coke at the game this year...you can return the favor in Gtown next.

• 2 months later...