Warren County?

I've never been on here but once in my life and it was in defense of my daughter when she was a freshman basketball player and there was a lot of untruths and bashing of her going on then just as there is now. Well, I'm back and unlike many of you, I'm not hiding behind some name so you won't know who I am. First of all, Cotten is dating my daughter and I have zero problem with it. She is 20 years old and is 2 years removed from high school which makes her 100% an adult and she's totally capable of making her own decisions and so far this has been a good one. I consider myself fortunate that she didn't choose to associate with any of you gossiping, coward losers hiding behind a code name with nothing better to do than tear down the few people who are trying to do things right in this county and are ridiculed for being overachievers. 

As for the rising Jr quarterback, he also lives in my house and will not get a second of playing time unless he deserves it and puts in the work and earns it, regardless of who the coach is. Contrary to popular belief, we don't operate that way. As a matter of fact, being close to the coaching staff can have an adverse effect on playing time as evidenced by the past year's football season.

As for the next coach, you all will know soon enough and you can rest assured there is big change coming like nothing you've ever seen in this county. I hope you bandwagon supporters are ready for what's ahead. It is about to get seriously fun in WC again and I can't wait!

• Upvote 1

I've never been on here but once in my life and it was in defense of my daughter when she was a freshman basketball player and there was a lot of untruths and bashing of her going on then just as there is now. Well, I'm back and unlike many of you, I'm not hiding behind some name so you won't know who I am. First of all, Cotten is dating my daughter and I have zero problem with it. She is 20 years old and is 2 years removed from high school which makes her 100% an adult and she's totally capable of making her own decisions and so far this has been a good one. I consider myself fortunate that she didn't choose to associate with any of you gossiping, coward losers hiding behind a code name with nothing better to do than tear down the few people who are trying to do things right in this county and are ridiculed for being overachievers. 

As for the rising Jr quarterback, he also lives in my house and will not get a second of playing time unless he deserves it and puts in the work and earns it, regardless of who the coach is. Contrary to popular belief, we don't operate that way. As a matter of fact, being close to the coaching staff can have an adverse effect on playing time as evidenced by the past year's football season.

As for the next coach, you all will know soon enough and you can rest assured there is big change coming like nothing you've ever seen in this county. I hope you bandwagon supporters are ready for what's ahead. It is about to get seriously fun in WC again and I can't wait!

Where is the like button?  I want to hit the like button for this post.  

I sure hope you are right about the next coach.

Heard that one of the finalists is a former head coach of one of the district teams.

It's funny you write this, a committee member let it slip to a co worker of mind that Jerry Joslin applied for the job. I would assume he also interviewed also but cannot confirm that. With that said not sure why Joslin would want to come to WC.

Has anyone else seen thru 'Cottons' secret persona in this thread? :roflolk:

What is it about Coach's in Warren County dating and then marrying students?  IF Cotton is doing it, he is NOT the first!  This includes one coach who is about to go into the state football hall of fame. <_<

What you are saying dating/marrying your students only leads to greatness!! The guy you are talking about has a lot of hardware in his trophy case!!

A week has passed and still no answers to my questions which involved how do school board members get opportunity to hire coaches. Is Holmes gonna call Farm Credit headquarters to see of they approve his decision. Is Zechman gonna write an editorial in paper telling his vast knowledge of athletic endeavors. Cassel obviously knows what he is doing with the home run hire he made on round ball side. Will give guy credit my son tells me he can put 4 letter words together with the best of them. Just glad he is able to come and go from practice now without needing a ride. Warren County isn't gonna change for anyone. It is Warren County. We do our job well. We know our place in the pecking order. Just can't wait till new guy is hired and we revisit this same topic in 3-5 years. Can't wait for the excitement I keep hearing about. That committee is gonna lead us to promise land which is worth about 2 wins a year and 20 page threads.

That name was one of the 5 finalists that I heard. Supposedly Cotton has taken the position of head coach for F.C. Boyd's new football program, which could pose a problem for the Pioneers. If Boyd runs it like their basketball and baseball programs they will try and take any good players from the WC team. But my question to any potential departing players is why would you leave a TSSAA program for one that plays against mostly home school teams?  I don't think a lot of college recruiters attend those games