Friday Night Main Event Pre-Season Top Ten in 3A

3 teams from 11AA. Fairview that far down? Does Hickman County have a secret? I see Camden and Lewis being on this list.

I don't often agree with you j-man, but I was wondering the same thing. No way HC should be ahead of Camden or LC. But I guess if things shake out the way they should then it won't matter in the long run anyway. Just something to stir the pot til games start I suppose

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schedule means nothing. For example, Milan will probably go 6-4 or 7-3 this year because of the increased strength of schedule. However, when the playoffs get here they will be ready to roll!!!

I was referring to his statement that they may start our 0-3 when remarking about their schedule.

I also think a tough schedule gets a team better prepared for post season. That is one reason I hate the new playoff criteria. In the old system, if you finished top four in the region you were in, no matter what. That allowed you to look for those tough non-region games. Now, if you fail to finish top two in your district, the first tie breaker is total wins for determining playoff teams. That has caused many middle of the road teams to schedule "down" in order to gain Non-district victories as opposed to scheduling "UP" in order to get better.

Edited by FreeAgent11

I think #4 for CAK at this time is a little lofty. Maybe a top 10, maybe not, only time will tell. I appreciate how much respect we have earned over the past 4-5 years, especially the past 2 with back to back titles and 3 victories over Alcoa out of the last 4 meetings, but we have lost a great deal of fire power and increased the difficulty of our schedule at the same time.  I expect CAK to still have a good squad, but it will be very difficult for our boys to live up to the high expectations that recent teams have created.  Good luck Warriors, I know you will give it your best!

I think #4 for CAK at this time is a little lofty. Maybe a top 10, maybe not, only time will tell. I appreciate how much respect we have earned over the past 4-5 years, especially the past 2 with back to back titles and 3 victories over Alcoa out of the last 4 meetings, but we have lost a great deal of fire power and increased the difficulty of our schedule at the same time.  I expect CAK to still have a good squad, but it will be very difficult for our boys to live up to the high expectations that recent teams have created.  Good luck Warriors, I know you will give it your best!

Long time no see football dad!!!  I figured you ran off and forgot about us on the T after Milan put that beat down on you guys in Cookeville!!  LOL!!!  Just kidding.... good to see ya back on!!!!

Long time no see football dad!!!  I figured you ran off and forgot about us on the T after Milan put that beat down on you guys in Cookeville!!  LOL!!!  Just kidding.... good to see ya back on!!!!

Hey BPM...I'm still trolling the "T" every once in a while.  My boy graduated a couple of years back and now my daughter has graduated as well, so I'm a bit outside of the loop.  But I still bump elbows with the coaches and a few of the dad's.  I will continue to make some of the games, but not all of them like I have in the past.  I caught a glimpse of the Warriors in a scrimmage the other day and it got my high school football juices flowing again.  Good luck to your Bulldawgs this year...I'm sure they will be a good squad.  Thanks for the shout out!

Unlike the one poster who suspected I had this thread to only spark interest in our radio program, I actually got exactly what I wanted. That was good feedback from a bunch of knowledgeable football fans. I'm not a "professional". I'm just an average guy like most of you who loves high school football and was fortunate to get to do this as a second career. We will have our preseason kickoff show Saturday at 10 am. We have some great coaches lined up, including George Quarles of Maryville for interviews. As a result of your feedback, I've made some alterations to my original top ten. I understand that most disagree with McMinn Central, but they have a lot of returners from a playoff team last year that only loss to Alcoa by 10 points. Have a true star in the backfield in Denzell Boyd. They will surprise some folks. Here's my altered list:

1. Alcoa

2. Notre Dame

3. Tyner

4. Camden

5. CAK

6. Hickman County

7. Lewis County

8. C.P.A.

9. Fairview

10. Lipscomb (tie)

10. McMinn Central (tie)

Teams to Watch: Milan, Smith County, Upperman

Edited by FreeAgent11

Unlike the one poster who suspected I had this thread to only spark interest in our radio program, I actually got exactly what I wanted. That was good feedback from a bunch of knowledgeable football fans. I'm not a "professional". I'm just an average guy like most of you who loves high school football and was fortunate to get to do this as a second career. We will have our preseason kickoff show Saturday at 10 am. We have some great coaches lined up, including George Quarles of Maryville for interviews. As a result of your feedback, I've made some alterations to my original top ten. I understand that most disagree with McMinn Central, but they have a lot of returners from a playoff team last year that only loss to Alcoa by 10 points. Have a true star in the backfield in Denzell Boyd. They will surprise some folks. Here's my altered list:

1. Alcoa

2. Notre Dame

3. Tyner

4. Camden

5. CAK

6. Hickman County

7. Lewis County

8. C.P.A.

9. Fairview

10. Lipscomb (tie)

10. McMinn Central (tie)

Any honorable mentions