dekalb co. vs Warren County? who takes it

Pioneersports

Depends. DC lost 23 seniors and has only one starter returning on offense which is a lineman. Only 4 on defense. Only 3 seniors on entire team. Had 3 freshman playing varsity against friendship Christian last night. Starting a freshman qb. But in scrimmages have surprised alot of people. I think they will pull it out but it'll be much more of a fight than we've been accustomed to seeing lately. Every game will be a fight this season, but as long as were consistent in a few years they will be dangerous again.

I definitely can see a tight game, but not a win with ease. I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but warren hasn't exactly done anything lately no matter the number of seniors. Not sure what doesn't click over there but alot would have had to changed. DC has one of the players coming back starting Monday and the center had negative x rays so should be ok. I'd take gill at center as back up anyday. We've scrimmaged and won or played tight against teams I'd say would be able to beat warren so I'm not as worried. Just my two cents. Warren could surprise me but its hard for people to believe until something is proven. Kind of like when dekalb said we would beat smith and we heard it wouldn't happen. It's just the nature of the beast to think the same until you see.

with all the injuries that have hit dekalb especially at center, I think Warren County will handle the tigers with ease. Warren County has a senior heavy team this year.

Haha the statement that Warren will win with ease is down right hilarious. DeKalb will win this game, it will be more competitive than the last few years but Tigers leave Warren County victorious. We got a young team but they have looked very good thus far in practice/scrimmages. Warren County may have a lot of seniors but that doesn't mean they will be any good. Success takes coaching and Warren is less than lacking in that department. Tpride23 don't be so nice, you know as well as I do that GHS would beat Warren and FC would destroy them. Warren County plays in a horrible district and still cant compete. Outside of a few small 1a schools Warren has the worst football program in the state of TN. That is not only my opinion but a fact. Look it up, numbers don't lie. Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Warren County has pretty much dominated this matchup over the last 10 years. This group of seniors have beat dekalb in every sport since middle school. While I agree you win the coaching matchup, the play on the field will decide this one and we have the better athletes. Our coaching staff has at least 1 qualified coach who just got here last month.

Warren County has pretty much dominated this matchup over the last 10 years. This group of seniors have beat dekalb in every sport since middle school. While I agree you win the coaching matchup, the play on the field will decide this one and we have the better athletes. Our coaching staff has at least 1 qualified coach who just got here last month.

Since trapp has had the program turned around... 08 DC won 42-25, 09 warren won 42-49 in a shoot out against a down year, 10 warren won 16-19 against a 3-7 team, 11 DC won 26-7. 12 DC won 50-0. And in that shutout last year this same group that are seniors now didn't even get a first down until around halftime. That's not an exaggeration.

While we're talking other sports, what team is it that has been to the final four in baseball lately, or is constantly playing in region tournaments. What basketball team just made a deep run and constantly plays in region tournaments? WC's wins over dekalb are few and far between in basketball. Like already said warren is in the easiest district and they still are one of the worst teams as of late. (Factually an statistically) not just opinion.

Edited by TigerPride23

Dang your a real funny guy, first Warren is going to win with ease then you say Warren has dominated Dekalb in every sport for 10 years. What are you smoking man?

I must agree that until WC shows otherwise, I can't count on them to win.

I just can't understand how a school that size cannot put a better team on the field. It is not like other schools that have to compete eith other high schools in the county. It has been a drought since the Jeff Womack days and that's been over 30 years.

Does anyone know what the causes are? (Funding, facilities, athletes, feeder programs, community apathy)

I would appreciate any knowlegeable posts.

• Upvote 2