Do you think Maryville goes to the State Championship game again in 2013

BigDave67

Nope I don't know Him. I'm just a very confident Maryville fan(Been a Maryville fan since I lived there from 1999-2003)maybe too confident. :rolleyes:  :mrgreen:

BigDave67 Johnny Hunt is the pastor of First Baptist Woodstock......Went to a men's conference there back in February and he definitely brings the Word .....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Webb not be outa gas by the 3rd Qtr? I know that Kelly is a phenom but should we really be that worried about Webb? They have no depth.

I have been wrong in the past many times, so take this with a grain of salt, but I believe that Webb will be Maryville's toughest game all season. The Spartans will be excellent this year. That being said, I still expect the Rebels to pull away in the end.

Well after being " Enlightened " by some of my fellow Maryville fans about what a sorry Coaching staff we have here at Maryville ... I just hope we can win at least one game .

I'm with you, Pep....Gaylor's Defenses have been putrid lately. 9 straight years of being in the finals to me just isn't enough...Coaching changes on the horizon in Murvil, it seems.

I'm with you, Pep....Gaylor's Defenses have been putrid lately. 9 straight years of being in the finals to me just isn't enough...Coaching changes on the horizon in Murvil, it seems.

Many fans of successful programs like Maryville dont realize how good they have that until that success is gone. Ask Riverdale. They'll do well just to make the playoffs this year

Many fans of successful programs like Maryville dont realize how good they have that until that success is gone. Ask Riverdale. They'll do well just to make the playoffs this year

I agree. It's amazing how winning all the time will spoil certain members of a fanbase. I have been guilty of it in the past with Oak Ridge.

Will Webb not be outa gas by the 3rd Qtr? I know that Kelly is a phenom but should we really be that worried about Webb? They have no depth.

Again, this is a different Webb! They have conditioned and trained with some serious intensity. I've seen it personally in the off season at Next Level Training in Knoxville where we were working out. They are very much for real and it was a bunch of them hitting it hard. Several including Kelley has changed their physique by adding muscle mass and doing a lot of stamina drills. Meske is smart, they nearly knocked off Alcoa. They stopped Rankins Alcoa on 4th and inches several times. Had they not cramped they would have won. They've trained all off season to go 4 quarters and nearly all are back on both sides of the ball. Better take them very serious.

The bright side is they don't throw often. He'll have a few trick plays throwing it but that's about it. Gonna run those big backs right at us.

Again, this is a different Webb! They have conditioned and trained with some serious intensity. I've seen it personally in the off season at Next Level Training in Knoxville where we were working out. They are very much for real and it was a bunch of them hitting it hard. Several including Kelley has changed their physique by adding muscle mass and doing a lot of stamina drills. Meske is smart, they nearly knocked off Alcoa. They stopped Rankins Alcoa on 4th and inches several times. Had they not cramped they would have won. They've trained all off season to go 4 quarters and nearly all are back on both sides of the ball. Better take them very serious.

The bright side is they don't throw often. He'll have a few trick plays throwing it but that's about it. Gonna run those big backs right at us.

I would be worried if they were going to put bench presses on the 50 yard line and rep 225 or time 40s. They are going to play football instead. Maryville will do things scheme wise offensively that Webb has never seen before. Maryville puts up 40+. Defensively, Webb's offense plays to Maryville's strength, which is discipline, following keys and rules, and very little tackling in space. Overall depth is a concern for Webb. You can run as many sprints as you want, but nothing can fully prepare you physically for the first live competition. Too much adrenaline and emotion supersedes conditioning early on. With all that said there have been plenty of 5 star players leave the skeeter disappointed over the years and I predict another one coming soon.

I would be worried if they were going to put bench presses on the 50 yard line and rep 225 or time 40s. They are going to play football instead. Maryville will do things scheme wise offensively that Webb has never seen before. Maryville puts up 40+. Defensively, Webb's offense plays to Maryville's strength, which is discipline, following keys and rules, and very little tackling in space. Overall depth is a concern for Webb. You can run as many sprints as you want, but nothing can fully prepare you physically for the first live competition. Too much adrenaline and emotion supersedes conditioning early on. With all that said there have been plenty of 5 star players leave the skeeter disappointed over the years and I predict another one coming soon.

"QB 7th string" you've apparently dropped a 45lb plate on your head doing skull busters if you think we are going to hang 40 on that Defense. I drink red Kool Aid too but not gonna happen.

There is no logic in that whatsoever and it doesn't resemble reality. Webb D is as legit as any, probably all D's, in any classification this year.(while we could out lift them and most other teams in the state this year that isn't the point)

We only scored 30 on them two years ago with a loaded team on both sides of the ball. That was our best D that held them to 7 also. Most of the Webb guys are seniors and you win with seniors. In 2011 we could stop the run. We had a D front and linebackers who loved for teams to run it at us. Hitters! We'll see how much we improve from now to then.

Rebels should win but it will be a strong test of wills and all the crap of adrenaline and emotion wont be a factor again as they've learned from playing us and Alcoa the last couple of years. We are in for a fight. If any Rebel fans think otherwise you are in for a shock. It isn't going to be easy particularly since their strength is our weakness.

We need a really good couple of weeks of practice to get it together.

"QB 7th string" you've apparently dropped a 45lb plate on your head doing skull busters if you think we are going to hang 40 on that Defense. I drink red Kool Aid too but not gonna happen.

There is no logic in that whatsoever and it doesn't resemble reality. Webb D is as legit as any, probably all D's, in any classification this year.(while we could out lift them and most other teams in the state this year that isn't the point)

We only scored 30 on them two years ago with a loaded team on both sides of the ball. That was our best D that held them to 7 also. Most of the Webb guys are seniors and you win with seniors. In 2011 we could stop the run. We had a D front and linebackers who loved for teams to run it at us. Hitters! We'll see how much we improve from now to then.

Rebels should win but it will be a strong test of wills and all the crap of adrenaline and emotion wont be a factor again as they've learned from playing us and Alcoa the last couple of years. We are in for a fight. If any Rebel fans think otherwise you are in for a shock. It isn't going to be easy particularly since their strength is our weakness.

We need a really good couple of weeks of practice to get it together.

Couldn't agree more but don't let logic get in the way of the refreshing kool aid. Let it flow thru you and trust that everything will be alright.