Lexington

xxshowmexx37

Very young, lost 27 seniors from the team that had played in the semifinals their sophomore year, undefeated regular season(10-0) during their junior year then lost 1st round in playoffs and last year as seniors went 9-1 but put out in 2nd round by Liberty who they had throttled during the regular season.

This year they will start several sophomores and a freshman quarterback so you can expect some dropoff for this reason plus they play a much tougher schedule as they picked up perennial power Milan, old time rival Jackson Northside and Crockett Co who is expected to be maybe the best 4A team in West Tennessee. All of these 3 games are on the road. The district has changed with rival Liberty and former power Jackson Central Merry moving out to District 15AA.

They do however have about 90 players on the roster and only about 12 or so seniors. The sophomore and freshman class is loaded. Freshman dominating last year and Lexington Middle School went 9-0 last year in dominating fashion even trouncing West TN middle school power Paris Inman Middle School. Beat them 62-24 at Paris!!!!

The biggest thing that Lexington High School football is battling is perception. They have been a great program for many many years with just a dip in the 90's when they were AAA for a few years. Early playoff exits have led people to question the program so to be considered a statewide power they need to advance to a championship game which they have never done. (Been to the semifinals 4 times, most recently in 2010.) The BIG RED machine has the potential to be very very good in the next 3 or 4 years joining several of their other programs that have excelled (Girls Softball-State Champs 2013; Baseball-State Champs in 2002 and runnerup in 2011; Boys Golf-State Champs, ect.)

Keep your eyes on Lexington's QB, he's not a typical freshman. This kid has the body and athleticism to evolve into a DI prospect and has plenty of football savy to go with it. Way too early to procrastinate about the high school career, or beyond...just that all the tools are there.  

I think you meant prognosticate instead of procrastinate. 

incredibly funny...and i take back anything i said about north side...maybe dyersburg is just that off as well...

there is no 4A power in the west this season...at least not outside of memphis

---------------------------------------------------

dhs I have to agree with you..no real power teams in West Tn  4A ..2A seems our best bet..Huntindgon and Adamsville

---------------------------------------------------

dhs I have to agree with you..no real power teams in West Tn  4A ..2A seems our best bet..Huntindgon and Adamsville

unfortunately...i concur...i just havent seen from any team around here that any 1 team is going to stand out...this will make for some fantastic games during the regular season...but there is no clear favorite...dadgum shame