Ensworth hands it to Maryville in scrimmage

WesVLT

LOL .... First teams fairly even ... give or take 35 points here or there ... lol .... still Bragging about the last scrimmage while calling this one pretty even .... lol

Good luck to Ensworth , I would much prefer a real game with MBA , BA or Ensworth . Maybe sometime soon .

Who's bragging? Me? I gave an accurate depiction of what happened in both games. Did you even read my post or are you too emotionally attached to be objective? I don't have a connection with either school.

The game wasn't close two years ago with 1 v 1's. This game was different in that both teams moved the ball early easily on each other but Ensworth turned it over. When both teams subbed it became lopsided. Is that not what happened? If you're saying it happened differently in both games please explain how?

I also added that Maryville is deeper and better this year in my opinion. Maybe you missed that part though?

I was at the scrimmage and in my opinion Maryville handed it to Ensworth pretty good. I think the Ensworth defense only stopped them 1 time the entire scrimmage. Ensworth is never very deep with only 450 students in the school and this year they seem even more so. That said they were missing 4 or 5 guys that are dinged up and they would have helped. I wouldn't read too much into it as it was just an early scrimmage and remember Maryville won state 2 years ago after being dominated by Ensworth.

I was at the scrimmage and in my opinion Maryville handed it to Ensworth pretty good. I think the Ensworth defense only stopped them 1 time the entire scrimmage. Ensworth is never very deep with only 450 students in the school and this year they seem even more so. That said they were missing 4 or 5 guys that are dinged up and they would have helped. I wouldn't read too much into it as it was just an early scrimmage and remember Maryville won state 2 years ago after being dominated by Ensworth.

Yep , you're right MBAGSA , it is just an early Scrimmage and meant nothing , that's why no Maryville fans made a Thread Like " Maryville Hands it to Ensworth " like there was after the last one :rolleyes: ... I , and I'm pretty sure most Maryville fans find it hilarious when someone else claims a Victory in a Scrimmage game or Jamboree . That is why I brought this thread back up , just as a joke .  :mrgreen:

So who is the Favorite in DII this year ? MBA gonna be Strong again this year ? 

Yep , you're right MBAGSA , it is just an early Scrimmage and meant nothing , that's why no Maryville fans made a Thread Like " Maryville Hands it to Ensworth " like there was after the last one :rolleyes: ... I , and I'm pretty sure most Maryville fans find it hilarious when someone else claims a Victory in a Scrimmage game or Jamboree . That is why I brought this thread back up , just as a joke .  :mrgreen:

In full disclosure, the thread starter is a BA kid.

As always there are 4-5 teams that could win it. MBA will be strong with good depth and they are well coached. I should be a fun year and I can't wait for it to start!

Yep , you're right MBAGSA , it is just an early Scrimmage and meant nothing , that's why no Maryville fans made a Thread Like " Maryville Hands it to Ensworth " like there was after the last one :rolleyes: ... I , and I'm pretty sure most Maryville fans find it hilarious when someone else claims a Victory in a Scrimmage game or Jamboree . That is why I brought this thread back up , just as a joke . :mrgreen:

Since you haven't responded I assume you now have completely read my original post.

Good luck to you guys.

Since you haven't responded I assume you now have completely read my original post.

Good luck to you guys.

I'm sorry , was I supposed to get back with you ? :mrgreen: Man I was just ragging on you for still shining that trophy they gave out for that Last Ensworth / Maryville scrimmage .... LOL , Good Luck to you guys too ... Maryville is not like a lot of Public School teams you're used to , There's a lot of us who wouldn't mind ALL TN schools thrown in one Division ... like it used to be . I'm very proud that the 2 State Champion teams I was on at Maryville , won those Championships against Brentwood Academy . 

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry , was I supposed to get back with you ? :mrgreen: Man I was just ragging on you for still shining that trophy they gave out for that Last Ensworth / Maryville scrimmage .... LOL , Good Luck to you guys too ... Maryville is not like a lot of Public School teams you're used to , There's a lot of us who wouldn't mind ALL TN schools thrown in one Division ... like it used to be . I'm very proud that the 2 State Champion teams I was on at Maryville , won those Championships against Brentwood Academy .

No worries. Your program is the best in the state IMO. Wish you guys all the best.

I'm friends with some parents, coaches and an administrator at Ensworth so I follow them closely. My children actually attend another school. :)

The funniest thing of all is the Mid State fans on Volquest. Two years ago when Ensworth took it to Maryville there were tons of posts about it. All those guys said Maryville wouldn't even be 500 in their league. They said Maryville wasn't athletic. If a real game was played it would be a 49-0 game. They also said Rick Bowers is superior to George Quarles.

When I tried to tell those guys that GQ never schemes in scrimmages they said it wouldn't matter. They were so arrogant. Funny thing is there wasn't 1 post about the Ensworth vs Maryville scrimmage on Volquest. The Private School fans on Coacht are good ones.

Ensworth and Maryville scrimmaging is a big deal...no, it is not just another scrimmage.  Those are the two best teams in the state over the past 7-8 years, and those two making the effort to face off, even in a scrimmage, is a pretty big deal.  It was a big deal when Ensworth won handily 2 years ago, and a big deal for Maryville to win handily this year...at least, it's a big deal as long as we have this split and the two teams won't face each other for a championship.

The outcome of the scrimmage is pretty meaningless for the rest of us, because whatever happens in the scrimmage, neither team is going to be "down" in their respective divisions.

• 3 weeks later...