Week 0: Gordonsville at Upperman

TigerTown8412

I thought I would start this before Roy had a chance to give his synopsis. I really don't know how this Friday is gonna go. It's hard to gauge on scrimmages. The men will be separated from the pretenders this Friday night. One way or the other. If Gville wants to win they're gonna have to block and run the football right at Baxter. If Baxter wants to win they have to shut down Gvilles running game. And I don't think you can shut down Cason. With that being said I think Gordonsville wins. But way closer than some people think. I believe in Coach Marshall and staff. Go Big Blue!

I thought I would start this before Roy had a chance to give his synopsis. I really don't know how this Friday is gonna go. It's hard to gauge on scrimmages. The men will be separated from the pretenders this Friday night. One way or the other. If Gville wants to win they're gonna have to block and run the football right at Baxter. If Baxter wants to win they have to shut down Gvilles running game. And I don't think you can shut down Cason. With that being said I think Gordonsville wins. But way closer than some people think. I believe in Coach Marshall and staff. Go Big Blue!

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book about this Herron mans team and I will give you a synopsis so you can share it with that Marshall man.  This York boy that is these Upperman boys passer is 6'1 190lbs.  He passed for 1700 yards and run for 750 last year.  My book says they also have this Ely boy that is 6'1 285lbs on the defence.  Let me ask you a question.  Does this Marshall man have any boys that can nock this Ely boy out of the way so that Cason boy can run through the line? That Marshall man might want to let that Daniels boy try to block this Ely boy since this Daniels boys is 290lbs.  You think im joking but im not.

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book about this Herron mans team and I will give you a synopsis so you can share it with that Marshall man.  This York boy that is these Upperman boys passer is 6'1 190lbs.  He passed for 1700 yards and run for 750 last year.  My book says they also have this Ely boy that is 6'1 285lbs on the defence.  Let me ask you a question.  Does this Marshall man have any boys that can nock this Ely boy out of the way so that Cason boy can run through the line? That Marshall man might want to let that Daniels boy try to block this Ely boy since this Daniels boys is 290lbs.  You think im joking but im not.

Roy, I'd say Gordonsville's best bet is to run away from the Ely boy.

This game worries me.

Tradition and history tells me Gville will roll, but I believe this game is going to be close.

Upperman's problem has been that they haven't had solid coaching since Maynard was there, so I don't know enought to judge the current staff, and I probably won't know after the game either since I won't be able to see it in person.

Either way, with playoff seeding the way it is, this is a must win for both teams.

All that said, Gville by less than a TD.

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book about this Herron mans team and I will give you a synopsis so you can share it with that Marshall man. This York boy that is these Upperman boys passer is 6'1 190lbs. He passed for 1700 yards and run for 750 last year. My book says they also have this Ely boy that is 6'1 285lbs on the defence. Let me ask you a question. Does this Marshall man have any boys that can nock this Ely boy out of the way so that Cason boy can run through the line? That Marshall man might want to let that Daniels boy try to block this Ely boy since this Daniels boys is 290lbs. You think im joking but im not.

Roy I hope you don't leave your book in that Marshall's man restroom again, that was all a big mess. But Daniels is 300+ he's not 290 from looking at him. I think Cason is gonna have a big night. Upperman hasn't seen a back like him in a while. And in my opinion he's better than Manning AND Gregory. The underrated player in this game is Billy Newton. He gets the 2nd most carries and had a huge game against Coalfield in the playoffs last year rushing for more than a 100. He is Cason's blocking back right now but they could give him the ball and not miss a beast. Also Dusten Holder gets a lot of carries. He's an upcoming sophomore and just as fast as Cason but doesn't have the power. We have a stable of running backs and a solid quarterback. If we can just get the line to block were gonna have a very good season. I don't know whos gonna block Ely. But I think Clemons is gonna light a fire under somebody and they'll get it done. Like I said. Gville in a close one.

Roy, I'd say Gordonsville's best bet is to run away from the Ely boy.

This game worries me.

Tradition and history tells me Gville will roll, but I believe this game is going to be close.

Upperman's problem has been that they haven't had solid coaching since Maynard was there, so I don't know enought to judge the current staff, and I probably won't know after the game either since I won't be able to see it in person.

Either way, with playoff seeding the way it is, this is a must win for both teams.

All that said, Gville by less than a TD.

Great post......i got this game as a toss up either way but should be close. Reading Murphy, not only is Ely 6"1 285....the other tacle is listed as 6"250 and noise is 6'3 340. I know they have a 6'6 260 OL and a Key boy thats on OL 6'2 300  listed in Murphy. They are big, but doesnt mean they can play. I will give them credit, play cookeville 3 qauaters varsity in spring, 2 quaters this fall and never got scored on. Cookeville put 28-0 on LA tonight varsity jamboree.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan