Week 0: Gordonsville at Upperman

TigerTown8412

Not a very studious man here but when u beat a 6A cookeville twice and they are predicted to win their district, that has to mean something,

I'm sure way down deep, Antwan wished they'd looked a little better in their scrimmages this year to upper man, his ego just won't let him admit it. He knows the glory days are winding down on the owls.

Well sometimes the other team is just better than you. That was the case tonight. Upperman had all one- way staters. No one played both ways. All of Gordonsville was playing both ways except one. That is a recipe for disaster. Upperman was fresh and Gville was just beat down especially in the front seven. This game was really closer than the score though. York showed up tonight while Cason was silent. Really disappointed in Cason. Went out in the 3rd with looks to be like a bruised ego. Gville will get better, some of those kids was their first experience in big boy football. If this game was played Week 10 it would be much different. Hats off to Upperman they are the real deal. That was a tail kicking.

I've predicted in the past that Upperman would turn the corner and was proven wrong. They've had this much experience in the past and laid an egg. So until I'm proven wrong, I don't see them beating Gordonsville.

WOW , i'd say consider yourself proven wrong, again, Croz!! Now we all know why Moose dropped FC from the schedule. Good thing he kept some of those district 7A teams on the schedule.

WOW , i'd say consider yourself proven wrong, again, Croz!! Now we all know why Moose dropped FC from the schedule. Good thing he kept some of those district 7A teams on the schedule.

That was the first time I'd ever been proven wrong.

I'll say this, though, I would've loved to see FC on our schedule

And, I've talked to several people that went to the game, and everyone I talked to was very disappointed in some of our players' actions and the way many laid down and quit.

It's just what I was told.

I'll actuall get to see them play next week. We'll see, then.

Ok GH fans......you guys scrimmaged LA and DC.....now that you played UHS, which of the three looks the strongest overall?

I didn't see any of the scrimmages but from what I was told Gville was even with both teams.

Compare that to how Gville did against Upperman, and you'll probably get your answer.

That was the first time I'd ever been proven wrong.

I'll say this, though, I would've loved to see FC on our schedule

And, I've talked to several people that went to the game, and everyone I talked to was very disappointed in some of our players' actions and the way many laid down and quit.

It's just what I was told.

I'll actuall get to see them play next week. We'll see, then.

+1 it was sickening we had more in street clothes with ice signing autographs than we did people on the field  

Ok GH fans......you guys scrimmaged LA and DC.....now that you played UHS, which of the three looks the strongest overall?

UHS is slightly better than Dekalb and quite a bit better than LA. UHS showed that they don't know how to win last night though. Do you think Alcoas students rushed the field when they beat SC? I think UHS will run the table but get smacked early in the playoffs.

My hats off the Gordonsville. They already play 2a Freindship and 3a Smith outside the didstrict. They choose to play 3a Upperman. Bottom line was the were slower, smaller, weaker. Upperman had a diffrent O and D and lots of depth. To much for a rebuilding year 1a program. I was supprised. The qb York  is a studd. Must have had 175 rushing and 250 passing.....like 3 pass td's , 2 run td's.....he is legit.

When they played Friendship Christian, that was in the district ... not outside.  That's TSSAA's crazy district combination for A/AA squads.  They are not on the schedule this year.  FCS moved to D-II.

+1 it was sickening we had more in street clothes with ice signing autographs than we did people on the field   UHS is slightly better than Dekalb and quite a bit better than LA. UHS showed that they don't know how to win last night though. Do you think Alcoas students rushed the field when they beat SC? I think UHS will run the table but get smacked early in the playoffs.

UHS students had inspiration via Twitter, so did the team for that matter.  Some kids don't know to stay off social media week of the game.  Hopefully his dad or mom will SHUT HIM DOWN!