Powell vs Fulton Football

Bravey

Fulton has had some very strong teams, this one is the best. Not saying we would beat Ensworth, but saying we could.

Bill .. get real .. we couldnt beat Ensworth ... they just beat the #2 team in nation on that teams home field .. and they spanked Maryville per Coach Quarles ... you need to calm down and be a little bit realistic here ... could we play with Maryville ?? Who knows ..we could I think .. would be interesting .. but lets get back down to earth like I hope coach's are preaching since all this hype on beating a down Powell team .. we are talented no doubt but and have a good team but not to the level you are going too.   

I'd like to see Fulton play Alcoa.

I would have too .. if Rankin hadn't wussed out on game ... he knew what was coming and opted not to play even though both teams had the same open date to fill a 10th game .. Rankin has some small team from middle tn that had about 20 players last year coming to play him ..that a boy Rankin get those tough teams to come in .. he would get out of the Maryville game if he could .. not even he has that much power to do that.

Fulton is really good, but Maryville, Knox West, Alcoa, and maybe even Sevier County could all beat them. Fulton could beat them too, though (except Maryville. been down that road). No one is touching Ensworth.

Agreed .. all those teams can win on any given night ... and agreed on Ensworth .. there is one difference .. Maryville, West and Sevier Co were all full on scheduling .. Falcons needed a 10 th game the same week Alcoa had open date and Rankin walked away .. so who knows how Alcoa and Fulton game would have turned out.   

Fulton is really good, but Maryville, Knox West, Alcoa, and maybe even Sevier County could all beat them. Fulton could beat them too, though (except Maryville. been down that road). No one is touching Ensworth

One of the very few who could beat Ensworth would be Norcross High School of Norcross,Georgia

Guess we dont get to find out since Alcoa didnt want to take that chance .. guess 9-1 sounded a awhole lot better than 8-2. 

Yeah, After last years 30-7 nail biter I am sure that Rankin breathed a sigh of relief. Before that it was 28-8 , 49 - 0 , 27 - 7  21 - 24 (a Falcon win!!)  46 - 8. Not exactly the sort of competion one would shy away from. We heard the same thing when the two ended the series after 2006. I guess Rankin knew to avoid the birds for two seasons then he would have a 4 year window of opportunity to pick up some easy wins before he had to cancel the series again. He is a Genius ya know.  B)