Greeneville @ MoWest

DevilMan03

Motownanddown,

I made that statement based on watching them on every play. Cornerbacks actually run even when the other team does not pass the ball. On the 2 passes the corners were beat. But I do stand corrected you are right 4.6 is fast for a cornerback. Heck Greeneville always puts that kind of speed at OLB. Maybe that is our problem we put the speed in the wrong positions. We even have a 4.68 guy at DE how stupid is that? The 4.6 and 4.4? CBs should not have any trouble covering the two 4.3 WR we have.

I am not sure who is doing all these 40 times, but 4.3 is D-1 speed (and even good in the pros if you have other skill sets). Maybe we can see these boys playing at D-1 level in a couple of years! That would be good for Greene County.

I don't actually have the WRs 40 times my quess is they are both in the 4.395 to 4.45 range. I used the 4.3 rounded down so that is my bad. All I know is #1 and #2 for GHS can flat fly. #1 is a projected D1 player according the the TN High school G

That Wright kid has some wheels for sure and great hands. Nice to see a promising passing game.

That Wright kid has some wheels for sure and great hands. Nice to see a promising passing game.

dont forget about culbreth. Trevor is the "eye candy" on the team this year, but Hays is a speed merchant that "flies" under the radar, until the defender is watching his number on the back of Culreths jersey get smaller and smaller. Passing game definately upgraded this year.

I don't actually have the WRs 40 times my quess is they are both in the 4.395 to 4.45 range. I used the 4.3 rounded down so that is my bad. All I know is #1 and #2 for GHS can flat fly. #1 is a projected D1 player according the the TN High school Guru.

I'm sure they are fast, but you're delusional on the 40 times.  Most local people are.  Most highschool fans and almost all parents are.  Take the kids to a Nike combine or a Shuman's combine for the underclassmen.  If they post those times there, then I'd believe it.  To put it in perspective, greased lightning fast Malik Foreman from DB who is at UT now ran a 4.4, laser timed.

Top Times in 40 for WRs at the 2013 NFL Combine

1. Marquise Goodwin Texas 4.27

2.  Tavon Austin West Virginia  4.34

3.  Ryan Swope  Texas A&M 4.34

4.  Josh Boyce  TCU 4.38

5. Kenny Stills Oklahoma 4.38

6. Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee  4.42

7. Corey Fuller Virginia Tech 4.43

8. Denard Robinson Michigan 4.43

9. Justin Hunter Tennessee 4.44

10. Markus Wheaton Oregon State 4.45

11. Lanear Sampson Baylor 4.46

12. Mark Harrison Rutgers 4.46

13. King Tavarres Georgia 4.47

14. Ryan Spadola Lehigh 4.48

15. Tyrone Goard Eastern Kentucky 4.50

Edited by crow

Top Times in 40 for WRs at the 2013 NFL Combine

1. Marquise Goodwin Texas 4.27

2.  Tavon Austin West Virginia  4.34

3.  Ryan Swope  Texas A&M 4.34

4.  Josh Boyce  TCU 4.38

5. Kenny Stills Oklahoma 4.38

6. Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee  4.42

7. Corey Fuller Virginia Tech 4.43

8. Denard Robinson Michigan 4.43

9. Justin Hunter Tennessee 4.44

10. Markus Wheaton Oregon State 4.45

11. Lanear Sampson Baylor 4.46

12. Mark Harrison Rutgers 4.46

13. King Tavarres Georgia 4.47

14. Ryan Spadola Lehigh 4.48

15. Tyrone Goard Eastern Kentucky 4.50

And if you look at their high school recruiting profiles you won't find a single 4.3 in the group.

Gosh dog you guys are so smart. So let me get this right Mowest can have a 4.4 CB but we cant have a 4.4 WR. Like I said the 4.3 was my bad I think I stated that I was guessing just like everyone else does. As far as NUC combine  I know all about them but thanks for the valuable info. I promise you this from what I have seen in the scrimmages this year if either of the Mowest  Corners come up and play man with out a cushion they will be smoked down the field. As far as all the research done on the 40 times it  reminds me of  a song back in the day by STYXX "Too much time on  my hands"

Gosh dog you guys are so smart. So let me get this right Mowest can have a 4.4 CB but we cant have a 4.4 WR. Like I said the 4.3 was my bad I think I stated that I was guessing just like everyone else does. As far as NUC combine  I know all about them but thanks for the valuable info. I promise you this from what I have seen in the scrimmages this year if either of the Mowest  Corners come up and play man with out a cushion they will be smoked down the field. As far as all the research done on the 40 times it  reminds me of  a song back in the day by STYXX "Too much time on  my hands"

Yes, based on one game you watched with 2 intermediate passes thrown you can judge the downfield speed of the West corners. Sound logic.

Motownanddown,

I made that statement based on watching them on every play. Cornerbacks actually run even when the other team does not pass the ball. On the 2 passes the corners were beat. But I do stand corrected you are right 4.6 is fast for a cornerback. Heck Greeneville always puts that kind of speed at OLB. Maybe that is our problem we put the speed in the wrong positions. We even have a 4.68 guy at DE how stupid is that? The 4.6 and 4.4? CBs should not have any trouble covering the two 4.3 WR we have.

=============================================================

Really .. I mean Really !!! so much speed on one h.s. team LOL

Gosh dog you guys are so smart. So let me get this right Mowest can have a 4.4 CB but we cant have a 4.4 WR. Like I said the 4.3 was my bad I think I stated that I was guessing just like everyone else does. As far as NUC combine I know all about them but thanks for the valuable info. I promise you this from what I have seen in the scrimmages this year if either of the Mowest Corners come up and play man with out a cushion they will be smoked down the field. As far as all the research done on the 40 times it reminds me of a song back in the day by STYXX "Too much time on my hands"

To much time on my hands? Dude, try a google search sometime, it's pretty quick. Add a highlight, copy, & paste & I had all of about 45 seconds invested in that post, your response probably took longer than my post. As for the comment about mowest being able to have a 4.4 but GHS can't, I never said anything like that. I simply posted the 15 fastest times for the elite athletes @ their positions. Personally I'd be surprised if there is a skill player in your district or ours that is sub 4.4 much less multiple on one team. There ain't many sub 4.6 if you put a timer on them.

Edited by crow