South Pitt vs Hixson (Moore man against that Fitzgerald man)

Roy Dillard

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it there fault or is it ours for bowing to them. I know it definitely hurts my feelings that we didn't or couldn't put up a fight.

I'm not normally a fan of Jimmy Cheek in Knoxville but when the group told UT to stop praying, Cheek told them that the University of Tennessee was well within their rights to pray. I'm glad Mark Griffith ignored them last year. I wish he could again. This is the same group that made them stop in Soddy and they had that big prayer at mid field with both teams and both sets of fans.

I found this in that Hargis mans paper...in case you missed it

HIXSON WILDCATS (0-1) at SOUTH PITTSBURG PIRATES (1-0), 8

Storyline: Both teams are coming off surprising performances to open the season. The Wildcats held Soddy-Daisy scoreless until late in the third quarter, then gave up four TDs and lost at home, while the Pirates made a four-hour trip to whip one of Kentucky's perennial powers. This will be the first meeting for these programs since 1951. The Pirates want to establish a physical ground game with FB Kahlil Mitchell and RB Jajuan Lankford, and a swarming defense will key on Hixson RB Isaiah Robinson.