Week 1: 1A Coalfield (1-0) vs. 4A Knoxville Catholic (1-0)

Shocker0

I really think those number twos for KC will be the difference,Coalfield will keep it close but depth will play a factor.Catholic in a close one.But they better not overlook this 1A ball club!

I'm not sure about now but KC used to platoon their O and D lines. If they still are able to do that it will definitely wear on the hogs up front for CF. Like I said I hope CF puts it on 'em.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to see Coalfield win this game but I don't see how it can happen. I have 3 hopes for this game: Coalfield doesn't get anyone injured, if they lose, it doesn't affect their playoff positioning (would hate to have to travel to SP in the 2nd round) and of course I hope they win. If Coalfield wins this game, there should be no reason to not win the gold ball.

I would really like to see Coalfield win this game but I don't see how it can happen. I have 3 hopes for this game: Coalfield doesn't get anyone injured, if they lose, it doesn't affect their playoff positioning (would hate to have to travel to SP in the 2nd round) and of course I hope they win. If Coalfield wins this game, there should be no reason to not win the gold ball.

There's really not much reason anyway. This is Coalfield's year to win it. They just gotta go do it. It's theirs to win or lose. This is one of those "special" seasons for a small school, every now & then things just line up for a special year.

Last time I checked? There have been alot of 1-A and 2-A teams laying some Major Spankings on these bigger schools? It's 11 vs 11 + Coaching and Off season Conditioning. The day of moaning and Growning on how big a school is etc etc is really out-dated in today's game? Work hard play hard and Smack them in the mouth and quit worrying about the horse and just load the dang wagon! Lol

Well for us Coalfield boys just about every team we play comes from a school "bigger" than us, and it almost never means better. The Jackets just have to dig in their heels and show the city kids how it is done out here in the sticks. I have been waiting for a year like this in CF football, thought the 04 season was it but Boyd knocked us off in the 4th that year. We never had a line and overall talent like this. Jackets by 7.