TheAnswer's RD1 one play-off picks...

TheAnswer9

WesVols,

I will say this this: I also have respect for you and your picks my friend. It is no easy task. I have had jolly thoughts of trying to pick a score, but...So far you've had some very solid picks as well and I will agree on games to watch. I'll say you and I have to really LOVE this game to do this.

Another game or two to add could be Sullivan North and Anderson Co. AC will be w/o their QB for the second straight week--out with Mono. I believe AC will win and the Oneida @ Jellico game. Oneida has a bunch of young and little Indians that could while Jellico has a boy by the name of Kellogg, but...

I'll give a rationale into two picks:

Powell Valley @ Coalfield

PV seems to have lost all their mojo since the 44-24 setback against Cloudland--having lost 3 games in a row. Meanwhile, Coalfield is riding a 3 game winning streak since losing to Greenback. Too much Ricky Lowe, Daniel Norman, Thompson, and Foster.

Kingston seems to be on the outs after two demoralizing losses to Fulton and an uninspired loss to AE. GP has to be riding high after going to Seymour and claiming the crown. I hope I'm very wrong and Kingston wins being a Roane Co native.

Posted by WesVols:

Answer, I respect anyone who has the patience, stamina, and knowledge to pick every playoff game. I'm trying the same task, but we'll see how I can compare to you. I like your picks. I have made mine for 1A-3A, and here are some of the games to watch in my opinion:

1A:

-Coalfield/Powell Valley

Your Pick: Coalfield

My Pick: Powell Valley

-DCA/Cascade

Your Pick: DCA

My Pick: DCA

(I know, we made the same pick, but it is a game to watch)

2A:

-Loretto/Riverside

Your Pick: Loretto

My Pick: Riverside

3A:

-Gatlinburg-Pittman/Kingston

Your Pick: Pittman

My Pick: Kingston

-Livingston Academy/Grundy County

Your Pick: LA

My Pick: Grundy County

(I went back and forth on this one)

-Raleigh-Egypt/Ripley

Your Pick: Ripley

My Pick: Egypt

As far as I can see, those are the only games from 1A to 3A on which we differ (except for the DCA/Cascade game). If you want to explain your rationale behind these decisions, go for it. I'll be glad to offer whatever insight I have as well, though it might not be as in-depth as yours. I'm just an avid fan with a guessing problem.

Best of luck! ;)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I didn't do ALL that bad in Round 1. Could have been a little bit better I believe. Overall, I went 66-14. Am I disappointed that I didn't do better heck yes.

Here is a break down by classification:

1A

15-1

Miss: Powell Valley @ Coalfield

Final Score: PV 22, Coal 21 OT Coal was up 14-0 in 4th

2A

12-4

Miss: Loretto @ Riverside, McKenzie @ Waverly, Fairview @ Huntingdon, and Peabody @ Mitchell

3A

11-5

Miss: AE @ Sey--OT, Port @ Howard, LA @ Grundy--a want, Ripley @ R Egypt, and Kingsbury @ Obion Co Cent

4A

15-1

Miss: Tullahoma @ White House--I wrestled with this one and finally flipped a coin--guess ole George lied

5A

13-3

Miss: McMinn Co @ Jefferson Co, Dickson Co @ Beech, and M Overton @ Houston

Yes, I WILL do a little bit better next week. Sure, I hit on 82.5% of the games, but...that doesn't satisfy me in the least.

Answer, you deserve a good mark for those picks. 99% of the members of this site would have been elated with a 66-14 record. Well done. Here's how I've done so far:

5A: 12-4

--Misses: McMinn/Jefferson, Houston/Overton, Bolton/Whitehaven, Smyrna/Cookeville

4A: 15-1

--Miss: Pearl-Cohn/Columbia

3A: 12-4

--Misses: Kingston/Pittman, Austin-East/Seymour, Obion/Kingsbury, Portland/Howard

2A: 14-2

--Misses: Fairview/Huntingdon, Waverly/McKenzie

1A: 15-1

--Miss: Oneida/Jellico

Record: 68-12

Great job.

[Edited by WesVols on 11-9-02 12:44A]