Humboldt vs Milan

87vikingalumni

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think he would leave Lewis Co.???  Besides, he's not a spring chicken.  I think Milan would need to get someone who is going to be there awhile.  But I do have the upmost respect for coach Sharpe. 

I really believe he would for the right job.and I think Milan would be one of them.He has had several chances to leave,probably could have been the Lake co coach ,which is his hometown and brothers and sisters and relatives there.but he wasnt interested  due to the money situation and probably other factors.He has always told me throughout the years that Milan would probably be the only school he would leave Lewis Co for.And now that his wife has retired,could see him making a move to be close to his wife's family and him being closer to his.I've ask him over the years about Dyer Co but he has always said Milan would be the only place.He did tell me that he would consider another school in our area about a week ago if the money was right..Bobby is 56 so I'd think he still has some good years ahead of him still.And at the age he is now,think that could also be a deciding factor to maybe retire closer to home.He loves Lewis co and has family there also so could go either way if the situation was to really develop.

Edited by mrbigster

He may very well retire after this season.  His son is a senior this year and that is the reason for all the rumors.  But Joe Gaddis.... c'mon.  If he does apply.... I hope Milan does not offer him the job.  Yes he is a good coach.  But ran out on Trenton after a year and would be doing the same thing to Oak Ridge.  That is not what we need.  Besides.... Morris isn't out the door yet.  I don't care if we go 0-10.  I would keep him. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

BPM :rolleyes:  at the 0-10  I hear you !.. Milan football is Morris  !!!!

Aint it strange when one of the best programs in the state has a mediocre season under the leadership of the coach that got them there and people start talking about the coach leaving. You would think people hold him responsible for the gene pool year after year.

Aint it strange when one of the best programs in the state has a mediocre season under the leadership of the coach that got them there and people start talking about the coach leaving. You would think people hold him responsible for the gene pool year after year.

Has nothing to do with the record.  This rumor has been going around for a couple of years now....long before anybody could have seen this season coming.  His son is a senior on the team and he is close to having his 30yrs in to get his retirement.  That is why all the speculation.