EARLY champ predictions

panfan

I have said this a couple times already, but...

Riverdale has the biggest advantage of any team going into the 5A playoffs, maybe of any class. The first three rounds they will play either a region 4 or a region 3 team. They've already proven that they can beat all of the region 4 teams (the closest game with any of the region 4 teams was 17-0 against Oakland, all the others where major blow-outs) and I doubt they'll have any trouble with the 3-5A teams( assuming they get past LC). Then you have to factor in all of their games will be at home, most importantly, the semis (once agains IF they go that far). It is awfull hard to travel from an Oak Ridge or Kingsort and beat the defending champs on their home feild.

So I think clearly Riverdale has to be favored to at least make it back. If they don't they'll be hanging their heads for a long time.

The other side of the bracket is totally up for grabs. I could see Brentwood, Germantown, Franklin, Gallatin, or Central-Merry making it to the Boro.

Unfortunately, one thing is for sure. The title game will not be a battle of unbeatens. All three are in the WEST bracket.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Division 1

1A-Ezell over Cloudland (or maybe Boyd Buc)

2A-Tyner (maybe Goodpasture) over Lewis County

3A-Trousdale County over Crockett County

4A-Maryville over Hillsboro

5A-Riverdale over Germantown

Division 2-by the way, there are many of us who care on this board...

D2 A- Bishop Byrne over First Assembly Christian

D2 AA-BGA over Briarcrest

D2 AAA-Winner of McCallie/BA over MUS

[Edited by rhinob59 on 11-4-02 11:54P]

• 3 weeks later...

So many early predictions had Ezell and Tyner. Neither find themself in the final four.

My early predictions were terrible. I even went so far as not to give Lipscomb any props at all. Look who is still playing.

Anyway, I thought I'd find this thread and let everyone look at their early predictions and see where they stand.

Guest bigtymedlhs

I'm wondering why everyone sold Lipscomb short on the picks.... Everyone says Tyner or Goodpasture but left both of those teams scoreless with the domination of the ball. I do believe that both teams are well coached and good strong core teams and it was an honor to see the games but why were the Mustangs left out of the running for the title?

I agree with JAC6603, "let's finish the playoffs first to see who's going to be in the championship." It's a little early to pick who's going to win the championship. The teams you all picked, might not even make it to the championship so let's just wait until Friday night before we start making predictions!

Trousdale County better not be looking past Fulton that's the only thing I have to say about that! Fulton isn't getting anykind of respect and that's ashame!