FRA @ Boyd Buc

reaction

It was a tough loss, but even if we did not play our best we still we in a place to win in the end. McMinn central is a good team and it was going to take a great game to win. There we good thing to continue to build on.Our guys did not quit. Keep playing hard and we will be ok. Eventually we will play a school our size and not div 2. We could be 2 and 0 if we played the schedule others are playing but maybe not as good. We will a good team by playoffs. Go Bucs!

McMinn Central played Class AAA(6A) McMinn County week 1 and you don't see us complaining. It's just a part of the game.

It was a tough loss, but even if we did not play our best we still we in a place to win in the end. McMinn central is a good team and it was going to take a great game to win. There we good thing to continue to build on.Our guys did not quit. Keep playing hard and we will be ok. Eventually we will play a school our size and not div 2. We could be 2 and 0 if we played the schedule others are playing but maybe not as good. We will a good team by playoffs. Go Bucs!

Tough loss in a tough game. Quit whining......You want to play a school your size, well there is a way. Go play with the private schools. You have that option every 2 years.

• Upvote 1

I am not whining or complaining.  It was a good game played by two great groups of young men.  What I am saying is It is difficult to find games outside of our region with schools of like size public or private.  We play 3, 4 and 5 A schools at times.   When play offs come you are seeded by your record and if you have to play good teams that are larger than you your record will suffer. If there was a non scholarship private league and we had to play we would.  We have always enjoyed and  completed in TSSAA and over the years have been good and very bad in all sports.  We do not have the same funds that other private schools have to offer scholarships or the money to travel all over the state to play.  

:popcorneater:  We will beat FRA and as far as last week's game its a loss lets move on, congrats to Central...wish you the best the rest of the way...and as far as our schedule palying bigger schools and good teams will make us better..we improved alot from week one to week two now just need to keep doing that and we will be fine and may go farter than even the great ambassador gives us credit going: :mrgreen:

Edited by skydogg25

I am not whining or complaining.  It was a good game played by two great groups of young men.  What I am saying is It is difficult to find games outside of our region with schools of like size public or private.  We play 3, 4 and 5 A schools at times.   When play offs come you are seeded by your record and if you have to play good teams that are larger than you your record will suffer. If there was a non scholarship private league and we had to play we would.  We have always enjoyed and  completed in TSSAA and over the years have been good and very bad in all sports.  We do not have the same funds that other private schools have to offer scholarships or the money to travel all over the state to play.  

We face the same problem.  We had trouble finding teams to play this year also.

:popcorneater:  We will beat FRA and as far as last week's game its a loss lets move on, congrats to Central...wish you the best the rest of the way...and as far as our schedule palying bigger schools and good teams will make us better..we improved alot from week one to week two now just need to keep doing that and we will be fine and may go farter than even the great ambassador gives us credit going: :mrgreen:

Have you seen FRA? I haven't so fill me in. I'm happy with the progress our team has made. We may have lost last week, but defense picked it up. We are on the right track. 

Have you seen FRA? I haven't so fill me in. I'm happy with the progress our team has made. We may have lost last week, but defense picked it up. We are on the right track. 

Yes, they are bigger than us...like to be physical like McMinn Central was but they don't have that break away threat like the past two opponents had....I think we can move the ball especially with our spread and defensively we improve like we did from week 1 to week2 we should be fine...should be another barnburner but again I think we will win...I too love how we are coming along and I think we may surprise a lot of people come November :popcorneater:

Yes, they are bigger than us...like to be physical like McMinn Central was but they don't have that break away threat like the past two opponents had....I think we can move the ball especially with our spread and defensively we improve like we did from week 1 to week2 we should be fine...should be another barnburner but again I think we will win...I too love how we are coming along and I think we may surprise a lot of people come November :popcorneater:

bump

I found this in that Hargis mans paper...in case you missed it, or thought they'd forgot about ya

FRANKLIN ROAD ACADEMY PANTHERS (1-1) at BOYD-BUCHANAN BUCCANEERS (1-1)

Storyline: FRA has a multiple-formation offense but basically likes to run the ball behind its veteran line. Among the linemen is college recruit Joe Irby (6-4, 315), who also plays nose tackle. Boyd-Buchanan coach Grant Reynolds is hoping to see his offensive linemen do a better job sustaining blocks so the Bucs can operate their option offense at peak efficiency. That would allow them to mix in a few timely passes.

GO BUCS!!