Gibson County vs Humboldt

87vikingalumni

Welcome to the T.....One Post Hoser!

Thank you Hoser!!! Just my 1st post under this profile.... Forgot my other profile its been so long since I've been on here... Vikings by 35+.... This what i call a stat game!!! GC just dont have the talent to keep up! Not there fault, just is what it is

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Pioneer you are a very loyal fan and I respect that. However, your program sucks all the way down from the top, and most everyone knows that. The administration is a joke, and the kids just don't work hard in the weight room or on the field. They have that loser attitude and in the 2 yrs. we  were there they did not give us what it takes to win. That may or may not have been Adkins fault, but I for one worked my tail off there and got nothing for it, so that is why I have the feelings that I have and I will probably always have.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!  There are still a bunch of loyal GC fans that remember you and Coach Atkins.  I can’t believe you are blaming a bunch of High School players for your incompetence.

So Bob, lets recap your two year coaching tenure at GC. 

1.  You guys arrived in the spring of 2010. You’re absolutely right about the past administration during this time frame.  They hired a head coach with a losing record. His record coming into GC was something like 15-38. Less than a 30% winning record. You get what you hire.

2.  The head coach sold himself as an offensive guru and coach that is known for turning programs around. The administration should have done their homework!  Prior to him coming to GC, he almost destroyed the program at Franklin County. His record at that school was 7-15. Franklin County Admin had sense enough to get rid of him before his arrogance killed the program. I think you and his son were coaching with him at FC?  On the bright side, FC did go to the playoffs both years you were at FC.  2008/09 the team went 3-7 before being eliminated in the first round and in 2009/10 they went 4-6 before being eliminated.  They probably had no business being there.

3.  In 2011/12, GC went 0-10.  We scored 97 points all year and were outscored 416. Do the math.  That’s 9.7 points to 41.6 points per game. That was in your second year. Not much improvement from the previous year.

4.  In 2010/2011 GC went 0-10.  We scored 93 points and out scored 420.

5.  During those 2 years we went from a squad of about 45 players to a squad of about 25 players.

6.  Then there was constant drama and disagreements with the Administration from the new coaches. For example.... a) Coaches son fired for making inappropriate sexual remark about a freshman player’s mother in front of other freshman players. B)  One new coach living in the field house leaving his beer cans from the night before out in the open. c) One new coach was caught stealing money from the tip jar at a local bar.  d) Spending unauthorized funds....the list can go on and on.

You guys destroyed and shattered a program that was already at rock bottom.  Bottom line is you wanted the head coaching job after Atkins left.  Truth is.... you did not earn it. You guys lacked integrity, loyalty and honor not only to the players but to the school and community. I’m sorry you have ill feeling against GC but I assure you the feelings are mutual.

Since you have left, there have been some changes at GC. A new administration and coaching staff.  We have implemented a youth league program with over 100 kids participating and made adjustments at the middle school level.  We tried to do this with you guys,  but you all did not have the commitment that it takes to get this going.  

I hope and think we will win a 1-2 games this year.  It’s going to take some time to get to a winning level. We have confidence and commitment to our new coachs and the administration.

Coach...I do wish you the best in the future.  I also wish Coach Atkins the best at his new Head Coaching position at Berryville, AR.  GO PIONEERS!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!  There are still a bunch of loyal GC fans that remember you and Coach Atkins.  I can’t believe you are blaming a bunch of High School players for your incompetence.

1.  You guys arrived in the spring of 2010. You’re absolutely right about the past administration during this time frame.  They hired a head coach with a losing record. His record coming into GC was something like 15-38. Less than a 30% winning record. You get what you hire.

2.  The head coach sold himself as an offensive guru and coach that is known for turning programs around. The administration should have done their homework!  Prior to him coming to GC, he almost destroyed the program at Franklin County. His record at that school was 7-15. Franklin County Admin had sense enough to get rid of him before his arrogance killed the program. I think you and his son were coaching with him at FC?  On the bright side, FC did go to the playoffs both years you were at FC.  2008/09 the team went 3-7 before being eliminated in the first round and in 2009/10 they went 4-6 before being eliminated.  They probably had no business being there.

3.  In 2011/12, GC went 0-10.  We scored 97 points all year and were outscored 416. Do the math.  That’s 9.7 points to 41.6 points per game. That was in your second year. Not much improvement from the previous year.

5.  During those 2 years we went from a squad of about 45 players to a squad of about 25 players.

6.  Then there was constant drama and disagreements with the Administration from the new coaches. For example.... a) Coaches son fired for making inappropriate sexual remark about a freshman player’s mother in front of other freshman players. B)  One new coach living in the field house leaving his beer cans from the night before out in the open. c) One new coach was caught stealing money from the tip jar at a local bar.  d) Spending unauthorized funds....the list can go on and on.

You guys destroyed and shattered a program that was already at rock bottom.  Bottom line is you wanted the head coaching job after Atkins left.  Truth is.... you did not earn it. You guys lacked integrity, loyalty and honor not only to the players but to the school and community. I’m sorry you have ill feeling against GC but I assure you the feelings are mutual.

Since you have left, there have been some changes at GC. A new administration and coaching staff.  We have implemented a youth league program with over 100 kids participating and made adjustments at the middle school level.  We tried to do this with you guys,  but you all did not have the commitment that it takes to get this going.  

I hope and think we will win a 1-2 games this year.  It’s going to take some time to get to a winning level. We have confidence and commitment to our new coachs and the administration.

Coach...I do wish you the best in the future.  I also wish Coach Atkins the best at his new Head Coaching position at Berryville, AR.  GO PIONEERS!

WOW!!!!!!

What kind of man puts the blame all on the kids? I can't believe this man is still a coach after reading this.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! There are still a bunch of loyal GC fans that remember you and Coach Atkins. I can’t believe you are blaming a bunch of High School players for your incompetence.

1. You guys arrived in the spring of 2010. You’re absolutely right about the past administration during this time frame. They hired a head coach with a losing record. His record coming into GC was something like 15-38. Less than a 30% winning record. You get what you hire.

2. The head coach sold himself as an offensive guru and coach that is known for turning programs around. The administration should have done their homework! Prior to him coming to GC, he almost destroyed the program at Franklin County. His record at that school was 7-15. Franklin County Admin had sense enough to get rid of him before his arrogance killed the program. I think you and his son were coaching with him at FC? On the bright side, FC did go to the playoffs both years you were at FC. 2008/09 the team went 3-7 before being eliminated in the first round and in 2009/10 they went 4-6 before being eliminated. They probably had no business being there.

3. In 2011/12, GC went 0-10. We scored 97 points all year and were outscored 416. Do the math. That’s 9.7 points to 41.6 points per game. That was in your second year. Not much improvement from the previous year.

4. In 2010/2011 GC went 0-10. We scored 93 points and out scored 420.

5. During those 2 years we went from a squad of about 45 players to a squad of about 25 players.

6. Then there was constant drama and disagreements with the Administration from the new coaches. For example.... a) Coaches son fired for making inappropriate sexual remark about a freshman player’s mother in front of other freshman players. B) One new coach living in the field house leaving his beer cans from the night before out in the open. c) One new coach was caught stealing money from the tip jar at a local bar. d) Spending unauthorized funds....the list can go on and on.

You guys destroyed and shattered a program that was already at rock bottom. Bottom line is you wanted the head coaching job after Atkins left. Truth is.... you did not earn it. You guys lacked integrity, loyalty and honor not only to the players but to the school and community. I’m sorry you have ill feeling against GC but I assure you the feelings are mutual.

Since you have left, there have been some changes at GC. A new administration and coaching staff. We have implemented a youth league program with over 100 kids participating and made adjustments at the middle school level. We tried to do this with you guys, but you all did not have the commitment that it takes to get this going.

I hope and think we will win a 1-2 games this year. It’s going to take some time to get to a winning level. We have confidence and commitment to our new coachs and the administration.

Coach...I do wish you the best in the future. I also wish Coach Atkins the best at his new Head Coaching position at Berryville, AR. GO PIONEERS!

Those are some really immuture things from people who are suppose to be role models!