Cloudland @ Cosby

Bluengoldblood

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think South Greene will be a tough out for anybody in this region.  Athletically they are very good.  If they can figure out how to block people they will be a tough opponent.  Believe me, they've got a couple of kids that can run.  As for this week, if Cosby can stop the run they have a chance.

If sg can only put 6 on c-d, they won't finish any better than 3rd. Happy Valley is a pretty good team. They are similar to Sullivan north who is ranked 8 th in 3A. I'm not saying all this to brag but this is finally our year. Our boys want this real bad and its gonna take a heluva team to knock them off

Hey you know theyre playing Cosby this week and not Unaka right. I think people are grossly misjudging the level of competition Cosby has faced the first 2 weeks. Nobody in our region would be any better off after two weeks with our schedule.

If Unaka holds Couldland to 35 points this year, I would go dancing in the street. Not knocking Cosby, Although they aren't very good this year either. I just think that highly of this Cloudland team.

And I think you are grossly misjudging the level of competition Cosby has faces the first 2 weeks. If Cloudland can take HV on Warrior Hill, they would take West Greene to the darn woodshed.

Just my .02 worth.

Edited by crazzyness

If Unaka holds Couldland to 35 points this year, I would go dancing in the street. Not knocking Cosby, Although they aren't very good this year either. I just think that highly of this Cloudland team.

And I think you are grossly misjudging the level of competition Cosby has faces the first 2 weeks. If Cloudland can take HV on Warrior Hill, the would take West Greene to the darn woodshed.

Just my .02 worth.

I know more about this Cloudland team than the average Joe, I stood on the sidelines with these boys for 9 years, they lost 3 games in that length of time,all 3 was to Johnson City. They never lost To Etown, Unicoi, Happy Valley, Johnson Co, Unaka, Hampton  or Davy Crockett. Even beat Johnson City several times. These boys have battled together for alonggggg time,they know how to win. Alot of people has had high hopes for this team. These are good kids who love the game and do things the right way. I highly doubt Cosby can hang with this bunch. Its not a disgrace, its just that Cloudland is a seasoned bunch. I doubt they are good enough to hang with the top dogs in 1a,but they'll fight whoever lines up across from um tooth and nail. Its not a shame to not be the best ,just as long as you are the best you can be. I think these Landers will do their part.

If we keep improving every week( and that's every team's goal) and stay healthy of course, we'll be a pretty good ball team each friday night when we snap those chin straps. Probably should strap yours on good too, cause this bunch likes to bring the wood. Don't think we're worried about 10-0, We just want to be 3-0 after tomorrow. Everyone going down to Cosby be safe and I'll see you there. :popcorneater: