Tennessee AP Prep 3A Poll

NotNoahHouck

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noah I'll definitely have to agree with you on the #9 & #10 picks especially since I've seen Tyner play and they'll have a successful season if they end up 6-4. I can't speak on DL cause honestly I know nothing of their team or program but I will say that as far as Fairview goes, obviously I'm a East side of the state man but I do have football common sense and that is that East Tn powerhouses are east tn powerhouses and West TN powerhouses are WEST tn power houses BUT Alcoa is also Alcoa lol.And I also know a lot more about NET football than anything and I can say without a doubt I've never heard of ANY Sullivan North team that could hang with the Polk Co. or Notre Dame teams I've seen this season especially when I think that their best football had yet to be seen, and that's specifically Notre Dame cause once they get their Offense firing on all cylinders they're gonna be a force to be reckoned with in their area. Didnt mean to ramble Noah just happen to know more about a few of these programs than any other lol

No offense whatsoever to GP, but I don't think they or most anyone else has a prayer against Fulton. Just too much speed and athleticism. They may be one of the top few teams in the state, regardless of classification in D1 this year.

GP should stay undefeated until week 5 when they travel to Fulton, they have yet to be scored on.  Gp beat them a few yrs back on their homecoming  hope they have forgot, they can mercy rule just about any 3 a team. I agree Sullivan N is ranked to high. GP dominated Seymour in jamboree 21-0.

As I have posted many times before, in high school football the #1 key to winning, above athletes, size, speed, etc. is coaching. This is not as true in college and even less so in pros, but in HS the teams with the great coaches will win more often than not and reload faster after losing good players. With that said, CAK will be fine and a contender by year end.

Player-wise, I think CPA is overrated at #1 (Alcoa is the class of 3A), but they will be tough due to coaching. They also have a very good kicking game which makes a big difference in the playoffs.