Oliver Springs at Oakdale

KickinWing11

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have not seen OS play but the Bears scrimmaged Oakdale and their up tempo offense is tough to match. We won that scrimmage but Oakdale scored and moved the ball well...If OS is down then I would not count out the Eagles..They got a running back that will flat put it on you for a smaller guy.He can play! I will take the Eagles to soar in this one!

Oakdale does have a good back and pretty good receiver that was hurt early in the Tellico scrimmage.  QB good also.  But do keep in mind  that Tellico lost there DE/FB after series and half and were already playing without one of there better OL and the other DE  think all in all made that scrimmage closer than it should have been.  But Oakdale definitely runs a fast paced O and will wear down a D in a hurry.  Would like to c Oakdale come away with a W. 

Oliver Springs certainly isn't one of the largest 2A schools in the state, and Oakdale isn't even the smallest school in Morgan County...

My apologies! I definitely made a mistake on this one. I know at one time that Oakdale was one of the smallest schools in the state but I should have researched first. My comment on OS I think might be related to the baseball or basketball classifications. Either way, I goofed and I apologize. Go Football!!!!!

My apologies! I definitely made a mistake on this one. I know at one time that Oakdale was one of the smallest schools in the state but I should have researched first. My comment on OS I think might be related to the baseball or basketball classifications. Either way, I goofed and I apologize. Go Football!!!!!

Hey no worries. I'm actually like what Oakdale has done this year. They might be 2-0 against weak teams, but wins get kids EXCITED!!! And that's how you get more kids out to play and fans in the stands, and that's what a small school like Oakdale needs.. With that said, I still like OS in this one. Just too deep for Oakdale I think. Edited by crazzyness

Hey no worries. I'm actually like what Oakdale has done this year. They might be 2-0 against weak teams, but wins get kids EXCITED!!! And that's how you get more kids out to play and fans in the stands, and that's what a small school like Oakdale needs.. With that said, I still like OS in this one. Just too deep for Oakdale I think.

Great post, man! I agree with you 100%. Oliver Springs always has talent and usually has some decent numbers. I would love to see Oakdale win this one.

It is a district match up between one of the largest schools in 2a vs the smallest public school in the state. Oakdale is definitely out manned but I've heard they're a little better this year than years past. Don't know much about OS but they lost pretty easily to an injured York team who apparently isn't very good. Would love to see the under dog pull it off.

OS is no longer the biggest 2A School.  They have around 380 students.  A big drop off from wha they used to be. 

It's hard to rep the no huddle spread pace in practice that the eagles with throw at you this year. I know nothing about oliver springs but this is the best Oakdale team in many years talent wise and the pace they play at wears teams of similar talent down. Oakdale gets the w here I believe.

Everyone has gone to this spread no huddle offense.

im going with the upset.  not sure why????????? just a gut feeling.  i talked to a guy from os and he said its BAD down there."  coaching staff is in over their heads"  ( his words not mine) that program is a long ways from the frank johnson era.  he told me they have great kids that are pretty talented just not well coached at all.  havent followed them as much as in recent years... dont they (os) run the spread also????   hope both teams catch well or that game may last till midnight.      could be interesting..   i have never followed oakdale.  seems to me those boys and staff may be starting to turn the corner.   we shall see

Are you saying someone thinks that a team that made it to the state semifinals 2 years ago isn't well coached?  I would love for my Bulldogs to be poorly caoched and make it to the semis.  Like membersonlyyellowjacket said, I don't like OS either, but they seem to be coached fairly well.

It would interesting to know how the person you talked to is connected to the football program (parent, fan, etc) and if it is just sour grapes, or the real deal about the coaching.