Crockett @ Science Hill - week 2

blazer1set

As a DB fan I need to take up for Science Hill for a minute. We have gone through the debate for a long time especially last year. If your opponent sucks you just can't help it. We would pull most of our starters in the 1st half of these crappy games and it still wouldn't matter. Your backups practice just the same as your starters. This is where they should be rewarded for there hard work and it builds depth. So if you have a problem with giving up too many points I've only got one thing to say. GET BETTER!!!! It's not our fault that you can't. It's your coaching. You can't tell me there is that much difference in players in this area.

As a DB fan I need to take up for Science Hill for a minute. We have gone through the debate for a long time especially last year. If your opponent sucks you just can't help it. We would pull most of our starters in the 1st half of these crappy games and it still wouldn't matter. Your backups practice just the same as your starters. This is where they should be rewarded for there hard work and it builds depth. So if you have a problem with giving up too many points I've only got one thing to say. GET BETTER!!!! It's not our fault that you can't. It's your coaching. You can't tell me there is that much difference in players in this area.

I don't think a lot of people can disagree with you from a certain aspect.  I think those more historically good programs have "better" players in the area because those coaches have had winning teams over and over.

If you are a parent, you have a choice of where to send your child, what do you do?  Well I could sent them to ..... which is 1-9 or I could send them to .... who has gone 31 and 3 the past three years.  We know it happens.  We know those athletic football kids make a choice if they can.  You could say it is coaching.

Also, and I'm just saying how it is, you know for a fact money for a program is in the same fold.  Some schools have a lot of high dollar donations, and some are just trying their best to sell cards and do what they can.  Better coaching?  From one point sure, from another point its easier to get those good things for a program, which makes kids better, which gets kids excited.  From a point sure.

I'll go with what Crocket's coach said in the JC Press.  He didn't prepare them, his special teams played horrible.  Look at Elizabethton and East.  The score is 49-0.  Oh lord he ran up the score.  Well when you throw 3 pick sixes after it was 28 to 0 there really isn't anything running up about it.  The kids are playing ball.

I love offense so Im not one to complain about a team scoring alot of points. But you should draw the line at some point. If your beating someone by 50 and you keep poring it on then your entering that classless catagory. It doesn't matter what your reason. High School coaches are also teachers. So what do you think Carter just taught his players? On the other hand I don't feel sorry for D.C. either. They go out and hire bad coaches, then let them continue doing a bad job for years without making a change, very little support from the community and on and on. Central and Volunteer are in the same boat. Their answer has always been to "get mad" at those teams that beat them every year. All three should drop football.

When I heard the score I figured that SH would have had1000 yards offense but they didn't. They had 644. You can't ask kids to lay down after they are ahead by a lot. Winning programs have a killer mentality. Their 2nd and 3rd teams are better because they compete against better players. This is why their basketball teams are so good too. Cherokee has been on the receiving end of one sided games too but I have a lot of respect for SH.

I don't really blame s hill.I mean they rushed for 500 plus, good lord! The starters should get to play at least one half then when the back ups go in its there chance to play its not like s hill was leaving the starters in the whole game or throwing the ball around. Crockett ran into a much better team last night and got waxed.

I don't blame the players or the team for that matter...hey kids wanna play when givin the chance.I understand that.

But there are ways to keep the scoring down at times like this..IF you really want to.

I mean this is the same guy who used to leave his starters in at SS up 50-60 just to pad Curt's stats. You didn't see Clark doin that last year and i'm sure he could have several times.

• Upvote 1

I love offense so Im not one to complain about a team scoring alot of points. But you should draw the line at some point. If your beating someone by 50 and you keep poring it on then your entering that classless catagory. It doesn't matter what your reason. High School coaches are also teachers. So what do you think Carter just taught his players? On the other hand I don't feel sorry for D.C. either. They go out and hire bad coaches, then let them continue doing a bad job for years without making a change, very little support from the community and on and on. Central and Volunteer are in the same boat. Their answer has always been to "get mad" at those teams that beat them every year. All three should drop football.

AGREED STACY CARTER WAS A JERK WHEN HE WAS AT SOUTH AND HE IS A JERK AT SH 90 POINTS THAT IS PITIFUL KARMA IS A ***** IT WILL COME BACK TO U TRUST ME!

Edited by greengreen22