RUNNING THE SCORE UP...2013 Edition

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And because of the size of districts now......all teams do not get to participate in their own district tournament because they aren't good enough to finish fourth in their division.  Not that it would matter anyway because the current #1 and #2 have to work just to keep the scores respectable.

Kaz

Kaz, you may want to try another sport.  Doesn't sound like this "soccer thing" is working out too good for you and your family.  Life will never be fair.  Just be glad your daughter doesn't play on a travel team. Talk about the inequity..... those big girls from the Northeast and those fast girls from California and Texas..... It's just not fair!!!

Lets just put it out there.

Boys A-AA

2013 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2012 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2011 Chattanooga Christian 2010 Boyd Buchanan 2009 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2008 Knoxville Catholic 2007 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2006 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2005 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2004 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2003 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2002 Ridgeway 2001 Chattanooga Christian 2000 Ridgeway 1999 Christ Presbyterian Academy 1998 Lenoir City 1997 Notre Dame 1996 Notre Dame

Girls A-AA

2012 Christ Presbyterian Academy 2011 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2010 Notre Dame 2009 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2008 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2007 Franklin Road Academy 2006 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2005 Franklin Road Academy 2004 Franklin Road Academy 2003 Donelson Christian Academy 2002 Franklin Road Academy 2001 Ridgeway 2000 Ridgeway 1999 Ridgeway 1998 Ridgeway 1997 Chattanooga Christian

:thumb: Got ya IDaddy22.....soccer thing is great for my kid.  They beat every public school they played but 1.  Shucks.....thats how it goes sometimes.  Funny on you....my kid was also asked to play on not one but two travel teams, but I'm sorry.....I just can't afford the things they were asking of us.  Yeah, you can make fun and tell me I don't do what is best for my kid and yadda, yadda, yadda.  I guess you live in a big city and your girl plays for Impact and it is within your means.  Well, heres the news buddy......EVERYBODY AIN'T YOU.  Hey, your right.....life ain't fair....and when it ain't, but people could do something about it.....shame on them for not trying

Without picking on anyone.....would someone post the soccer champions over the last 12 years??  You can include KC this year too! :blush:

Kazzitoro 

This same debate is going on in the football and basketball forums.  At some point this will come to a "head."  I believe there will be a split at some point.

Take a look at these two posts.

Rules say they can not work off tuition. Money for the work has to be paid and taxes taken out then the money can be used for whatever the person wants to use it for. Schools get around this be just paying the student more for the job to cover up the taxes. I know for a fact that several d 1 private schools do this and also have players that recieve scholarships from churches. Some churches give money to students to attend private schools. According to the rules this is illegal. However, there is a loop hole here bc churches can give money to whoever they want for "other" reasons and once money is in possession of student athlete it can be spent anyway they want. There is no way that the TSSAA can govern this. Its unconstitutional to try and tell organizations how they spend their money. They are counting on the private schools to abide by the spirit of the rule and not do this which isnt happening and wont happen. Total split is only way to go and it is wanted by more privates than you think as well as most publics. The schools which are supposed to run TSSAA voted 67% to totally split 2 years ago but board of controls went against that and voted not to.

IMO, the reason that the T$$AA board of control voted against the split is due to money. If a total split takes place you will probably see the private schools form their own association with the result being less money for the T$$AA.