RUNNING THE SCORE UP...2013 Edition

CHAMPDDS

We had a couple of situations like that during this season and our coach switched the girls around to other positions and worked on possession.  We played balls back to our defense and keeper and just didn't pound it down the opponent's throat.  There are ways to continue to play without humiliating the other team and still allow for your team to learn a thing or two.

Sometimes that is more humiliating then just scoring. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But GCA is a private school.  I thought it was ok for the private schools to beat up on the other private schools...   :mrgreen:

Also, a small error, CAK played Gatlinburg Pittman and won 5-1.

I'm not arguing that there ISN'T a disparity.  One can't argue about that (the stats speak for themselves) But there will ALWAYS be disparity in sports.  Kick out the private schools, and then you still have magnets.  Kick out the magnet schools, and then you have open zoned public schools.  Kick out the open zoned public schools, and then you have urban vs. city schools.  One of them has to go.  Pretty soon, we will have 20 divisions each with 2 teams in every district.

Scores in Knoxville paper this morning.....KC won 9-1 over GCA  and our other district titan CAK beat Powell 6-0.  The rest of you know your playing for the Ricky Bobby spot, "If your not first your LAST".  :huh:

What a joke this has become.

you are incorrect sir!...it was your 3rd district titan (Farragut) that beat Powell....CAK played Gatlinburg-Pittman; they did win though...i am assuming by the tone in your typing that your luck against CAK and Knox Catholic has not been peachy lately...Farragut is a public school Edited by Booger

Peachy.....try never, Booger!  Which is hilarious right.  I never post on they girl's soccer site again.  It is ruled apparently by the Three Stooges.   Of course you can't argue it.....coming from the guy who won.....how many titles was it.....?  You got so bored with winning them, you ventured off to other things.  The topic is running up the score.....I heard that is a very good G-P team and yet, no chance to experience the State Tournament.  *State Champion*  Knox Catholic.......that is my final pick.  The only other contender is CAK.  District 4A wins again! :o  :o  :o

Kazeeter

Peachy.....try never, Booger!  Which is hilarious right.  I never post on they girl's soccer site again.  It is ruled apparently by the Three Stooges.   Of course you can't argue it.....coming from the guy who won.....how many titles was it.....?  You got so bored with winning them, you ventured off to other things.  The topic is running up the score.....I heard that is a very good G-P team and yet, no chance to experience the State Tournament.  *State Champion*  Knox Catholic.......that is my final pick.  The only other contender is CAK.  District 4A wins again! :o  :o  :o

Kazeeter

Nothing is ruled by anyone (though I would prefer to be Curly if I am one of the stooges... he seems to be the most laid back Champs can be Moe).  

I just would like your solution to the problem.  I don't think there is anything wrong with a discussion of the issue.  I have never been demeaning to you, so I don't know why you are throwing me under the bus in your above post.  And I agree that it is off topic, but you brought it back into the realm of the private school domination when you said "what a joke this has become".

But GCA is a private school.  I thought it was ok for the private schools to beat up on the other private schools...   :mrgreen:

Also, a small error, CAK played Gatlinburg Pittman and won 5-1.

I'm not arguing that there ISN'T a disparity.  One can't argue about that (the stats speak for themselves) But there will ALWAYS be disparity in sports.  Kick out the private schools, and then you still have magnets.  Kick out the magnet schools, and then you have open zoned public schools.  Kick out the open zoned public schools, and then you have urban vs. city schools.  One of them has to go.  Pretty soon, we will have 20 divisions each with 2 teams in every district.

Don't forget the schools like North Red Bank that bus players in from Chattanooga. One of their soccer players lives in East Ridge. Half of their football team lives in East Lake. But they are playing by the rules. It is what it is, as they say.

Big G.....I am very aware that no system is flawless and I am only responding to you because you're right....you have not been demeaning.  If the University of Alabama Football team repeatedly wins National Championships operating under the same rules as every other school in it's division, then there really is no arguement.  This is not occuring in this High School organization....you have schools with rules that enable them to have an advantage that schools in the same division do not have.  The current system is bad because it gets proven over and over that some schools have a virtual monopoly of the contests.  I would be interested to see what the overall record is at CAK over the last, say, 12 years and how many titles they have won?  The reason I pick them is because they have steadily remained in A-AA over the years.  I have no doubt the coaching is excellent, but it has been stated that the success over time is because the quality of the players has remained the same.  I'm not picking on the girls either....look at the same things in boys soccer, baseball, tennis, softball, etc.....my guess is the trend is continuing to favor the private schools.  Does it make private schools bad people?  Heavens NO.....some of the finest people I know work and operate in these institutions.  As I said, no system is flawless but the one you use should make the playing field somewhat EQUALCurrently, it is not....and that is the truth.  I'm seeing in East Tennessee over the years some solid teams in soccer not getting experiences at the state level because they get knocked off by defacto elite teams that get to train together year round because of the city in which they reside.  They only A-AA teams that can beat KC or CAK have to come from a private school in a large metropoliton area.  The best public school team this season is argueably G-P, and they just got smoked by CAK 5-1.....which happens every year. 

Kaz