SP vs Sequatchie (Moore man against that Colquette man)

Roy Dillard

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am old school. When I played we ran the power I and I. We never threw the ball much. We just lined up and ran the rock. I came to the Hixson game. They ran the rock right at Hixson pretty decent and kept getting penalties. Only 2 of the current coaches from when I played are still on the staff. Some things have changed since I graduated but I hope they get back to the old days of pounding the rock. Right or wrong thats my opinion. BTW nothing personal but I saw several dropped passes in that Hixson game so maybe the receivers do not catch the rock very good.

I am old school. When I played we ran the power I and I. We never threw the ball much. We just lined up and ran the rock. I came to the Hixson game. They ran the rock right at Hixson pretty decent and kept getting penalties. Only 2 of the current coaches from when I played are still on the staff. Some things have changed since I graduated but I hope they get back to the old days of pounding the rock. Right or wrong thats my opinion. BTW nothing personal but I saw several dropped passes in that Hixson game so maybe the receivers do not catch the rock very good.

If you think that's old school, you should have played in the single wing era. Now, that's physical football. Edited by TheAmbassador

Ok for what it's worth here's my intake on the game and basically the season for SP this year. First of all I know several people,including myself,could start seeing a decline in talent from what we're use to. Seriously folks and I'm a born and bread Pirate and will back them,and have always backed them win or lose,but we have a team of player's right now on offense and defense that wouldn't have even made second team on the 2007-2010 teams,and there starters. We have at most maybe about 5-7 players on the whole team that have basic football knowledge and know how to play the game and I'm sure without looking to hard you can pick them out. About this weeks game now. If we stay in the same offense we will be lucky to score 21 points unless we just happen to break some long runs. I don't understand our thinkinhing on the part of the coaches this year. We have a QB that can throw the football but we haven't taylored the offense to him. What's wrong with having two backs in the shotgun,and we have two good ones, and put two receivers or even three if your not going to use the TE who is always open, so we can get the opponets defense out of a 10 men in the box. Sure you can get away with that against a Sale Creek but the competition is going to start getting a little togher on down the road. Also our defense,we don't have anybody that can play DE like it's suppose to be played and we have some of the weakest LB's I have ever seen. Sorry if I've bursted some of you Pirate faitfull with this posting but you can't keep overlooking obvious things. I'll stop on this but if we do stay in the same offense and don't make some adjustments to our defense this weeks game will be very close..I'll say this also that we do have some goodlooking freshmen coming up.

Sportman, are you joking me?  This Moore man has a bunch of boys that if they are not involved in the play they are not going to give 100%.  I garuntee you some of that mess and foul language needs to go.  Let me ask you a question sportman?  Have you seen some of our pass catchers run?  They could not outrun some of our hole nockers.  I watched some of those pass catchers to let those pass defenders from the other team nock them off the ball.  They have to learn how to block before they can catch a durn pass.  If they would get out there and that Moore man make them chase some chickens like Grider used to then they would get faster and may could make a touchdown if they caught a pass. All that Stone man needs to do is throw a few hail marrys during the game to keep them thinking pass.   You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

Well dad burnit, figure that feller wanting to pass so much got educated. Old Pirate agrees... if the Pirates can't tote the futeball successfully the "L" column will grow!

Apparently so far no one out here on Coach T has any clue to what I am talking about. I still wanna run the ball but get some decoys at wr's,even if your not going to throw to them at least that will get the RB's some room to move.

Apparently so far no one out here on Coach T has any clue to what I am talking about. I still wanna run the ball but get some decoys at wr's,even if your not going to throw to them at least that will get the RB's some room to move.

Sportman, are you joking me?  A decoy?  What kind of mess is this?  I was looking in my Murphy Fair book and we dont have any boys in there that would trick the other team and think we are going to throw to them.  If our boys on the sideline were that good they would be in the durn game.  Our durn pass catchers are slower than molasses.  I need to bring my Murphy Fair book and show you what it says about our boys.  You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

Sportman, are you joking me? A decoy? What kind of mess is this? I was looking in my Murphy Fair book and we dont have any boys in there that would trick the other team and think we are going to throw to them. If our boys on the sideline were that good they would be in the durn game. Our durn pass catchers are slower than molasses. I need to bring my Murphy Fair book and show you what it says about our boys. You think im joking but im not.

Calm down Roy. BTW, who are our "pass catchers" and how fast are they?

If you hate this SP offense then you would really hate Marion County's. They run two TEs and pound you the entire game.