Henry County hosts Ridgeway: Week 3

MSURacer

Ok, let me tell you how this works.

Efforts at rushing are thwarted by what we call the Red Swarm.  Works equally effectively for the running backs and for the quarterback.  Most teams will keep trying even though it isn't working because they don't have other options.

But . . .you guys, of course, have the spectacularly accurate quarterback.  Problem here is that when the receiver catches the ball (or doesn't catch the ball), they receive a blow that discourages any subsequent desire to be thrown to.  It makes their arms seem shorter.  This will wear off, but not tonight.  Every pass will also be heavily contested from your side of the line.

Then, somewhere in the third quarter, your offense will begin to tire.  Our defense will not.  This will lead to mistakes.  This is usually where it starts to get out of hand.

Compound this with no opportunities to run the ball back to decent field position after our scores, and you have a long night and an extra long ride back to town.

I didn't want to spill our beans until your bus left, but our QB is also spectacularly accurate, faster than anyone so far has been prepared for, smart, well coached, and a playmaker.  We have the fastest two high schoolers in Tennessee on defense.  We don't have one player that is likely to get 100 yards offense, but we have 6 who are likely to get 80 yards each tonight.

So, win tonight and you've done something quite impressive.  I just don't see it happening.

Facts:

BlackHavenSenator as well as myself have both selected Henry County to win this game. We just think that Ridgeway will score more points then the Henry County faithful thinks that they will score. In the end it doesn't matter because Ridgeway isn't my or BHS's team. We are just showing support for a team from the City of Memphis since there aren't any Ridgeway posters on this site.

You guys are the selected favorite in 5A in Tennessee. You are suppose to win. A Henry County loss is an upset.

Have fun tonight at your game my man.

Facts:

BlackHavenSenator as well as myself have both selected Henry County to win this game. We just think that Ridgeway will score more points then the Henry County faithful thinks that they will score. In the end it doesn't matter because Ridgeway isn't my or BHS's team. We are just showing support for a team from the City of Memphis since there aren't any Ridgeway posters on this site.

You guys are the selected favorite in 5A in Tennessee. You are suppose to win. A Henry County loss is an upset.

I think HC wins it late & am pretty sure it will be a high scoring game. I don't see it being in the 40s but a 35-28 type game is my prediction. Edited by SEC1rules

Well I'm neither a HC or Ridgeway fan but i am from Shelby County so I will be pulling for Ridgeway. Also my team did get moved from 6 to 5A this year so i do have other interest in this game as well.  

After keeping up with this topic for the last 6 days this will be the first stop I make on the board after the game. Will be Interesting to see who shows back up here later on.   :popcorneater:  :)

Well I'm neither a HC or Ridgeway fan but i am from Shelby County so I will be pulling for Ridgeway. Also my team did get moved from 6 to 5A this year so i do have other interest in this game as well.

After keeping up with this topic for the last 6 days this will be the first stop I make on the board after the game. Will be Interesting to see who shows back up here later on. :popcorneater::)

I guarantee you that at least 90% or more of the HC posters will be here win or lose.

• Upvote 1

After keeping up with this topic for the last 6 days this will be the first stop I make on the board after the game. Will be Interesting to see who shows back up here later on.   :popcorneater:  :)

If we lose, I will not be back.  Just joking.  Who is your team?

Ok, let me tell you how this works.

Efforts at rushing are thwarted by what we call the Red Swarm.  Works equally effectively for the running backs and for the quarterback.  Most teams will keep trying even though it isn't working because they don't have other options.

But . . .you guys, of course, have the spectacularly accurate quarterback.  Problem here is that when the receiver catches the ball (or doesn't catch the ball), they receive a blow that discourages any subsequent desire to be thrown to.  It makes their arms seem shorter.  This will wear off, but not tonight.  Every pass will also be heavily contested from your side of the line.

Then, somewhere in the third quarter, your offense will begin to tire.  Our defense will not.  This will lead to mistakes.  This is usually where it starts to get out of hand.

Compound this with no opportunities to run the ball back to decent field position after our scores, and you have a long night and an extra long ride back to town.

I didn't want to spill our beans until your bus left, but our QB is also spectacularly accurate, faster than anyone so far has been prepared for, smart, well coached, and a playmaker.  We have the fastest two high schoolers in Tennessee on defense.  We don't have one player that is likely to get 100 yards offense, but we have 6 who are likely to get 80 yards each tonight.

So, win tonight and you've done something quite impressive.  I just don't see it happening.

By the way ... great post. I smiled as I read it! I could see the aligator arms developing in my head as I read it! LOL ... :roflolk:

Edited by kwc

I just got back into the country after a long trip abroad. I'm a former coach of 30 years (just had to say that), and you have no idea what you're talking about. This game won't be very close and Ridgeway will be lucky to score at all. If I'm wrong, and that rarely happens, I'll apologize to you, but don't expect an apology!

He would say this evry week whether he really believed it or not.....lol

Facts:

LOL, w/ this bunch that is often not enough.....lol