Parallels of 70-80's Maryville and current Riverdale

SwamiSays

There also wasn't 25 divisions of high school football back in this time period...

Riverdale never won anything before five classifications. (nor Oakland for that matter...)

I take that back...Oakland in 1984.

APB luckeelee eye allways schedulled tha annuall Mairvul Hi.. "STARSNBARS Garbige Feeled Tripp Day" on tha daze ov tha TSSAA headcount.... :popcorneater:

now I know what I thought all these years - my family got shorted. Nobody told us about the option of the Fay. With all that kool-aid we could have really used it. If I remember correctly, Mr 200 had 2 Fays in his yard. Mmmm...

sx well ewe nose Mr. 200 mph neaded hit..... :mrgreen:

Butt thait duz reemind me ov this summur when'st we haid two "Fays" two.....We wuz hand crankin' a littull home maid ice cream and momma stopped tha septick upp and we haid a Fay brawt out........And then my Aunt Fay wuz settin' on a 5 gallun sheatrock putty buckit turned uppside down and crankin' thait old anteak White Mtn ice cream freezer......Eye sortee haid two giggle, butt tha ice cream still tasted purtee good..... :blush:

Never said it didn't. Most coaches across the state consider Aydelott a great coach. 90% or better of them would love to have had his success. 

Did you interview all coaches for this survey ? Hey my survey said 90% of coaches wish they had been given the keys to a cadillac , and felt they wouldn't have wrecked that cadillac and made it in to a old Jalopy like your boy has ! Poor baby 

Never said it didn't. Most coaches across the state consider Aydelott a great coach. 90% or better of them would love to have had his success.

How would you summarize the drop off parallels?

I think coaching as a wholistic idea is the difference, likely. Not an insider but this would be my guess.

It's not the difference between a good program and a bad program but between a great program and a good program.

Rankin 194-25 (89%) and 4 state titles.

Aydelott 69-23 (75%) and 0 state titles.

How would you summarize the drop off parallels?

I think coaching as a wholistic idea is the difference, likely. Not an insider but this would be my guess.

It's not the difference between a good program and a bad program but between a great program and a good program.

Rankin 194-25 (89%) and 4 state titles.

Aydelott 69-23 (75%) and 0 state titles.

I would say Riverdale under Aydelott has been a better than average program. I, like so many others, am not satisfied with better than average, we just have a difference of opinion as to why it is not the great program it once was. Having a rough start to a long season has allowed to many #### roaches come crawling out of the wood work with their negativity and they only want to blame one thing. I look at several things including but not limited to talent.

I would say Riverdale under Aydelott has been a better than average program. I, like so many others, am not satisfied with better than average, we just have a difference of opinion as to why it is not the great program it once was. Having a rough start to a long season has allowed to many #### roaches come crawling out of the wood work with their negativity and they only want to blame one thing. I look at several things including but not limited to talent.

make the survey ... what does everybody think about the coaching legend Aydelott ??

So you're saying that Coach A is part of the problem? I'm impressed...the first step is admitting this :thumb:

Somehow I doubt that. Anyway, if you want to talk about how the majority of a population feels about Coach A, why don't you create a poll on here and see what you find?

You would only find that mostly the negative lurkers would come on here to vote. The poll would not be scientific to any degree and would have absolutely no reliability. The threats to the validity would be a list as long as my arm. In other words, it would be pointless and worthless and only allow more grandstanding for the "fans" that just dont like the guy. Its too easy for lowlifes to take pot shots. The upstanding are going about their business and ignoring the foolishness that goes on here, my own included. 

If the only measure is wins, why doesnt someone put up an all time list of win and losses by coaches and lets see how things stack up. That could be far more insightful than a poll. Its not a popularity contest. Its wins and losses.