Parallels of 70-80's Maryville and current Riverdale

SwamiSays

You would only find that mostly the negative lurkers would come on here to vote. The poll would not be scientific to any degree and would have absolutely no reliability. The threats to the validity would be a list as long as my arm. In other words, it would be pointless and worthless and only allow more grandstanding for the "fans" that just dont like the guy. Its too easy for lowlifes to take pot shots. The upstanding are going about their business and ignoring the foolishness that goes on here, my own included. 

If the only measure is wins, why doesnt someone put up an all time list of win and losses by coaches and lets see how things stack up. That could be far more insightful than a poll. Its not a popularity contest. Its wins and losses. 

I think that Coach A's loyal defenders would never miss a chance to vote. You just know what the results of the poll are going to reveal.

Wins and losses are a perfectly objective measure, however, so I am fine with that. Let's see how many wins Coach A this season and compare him against other coaches in TN. It's the only fair way to settle this issue.

I would say Riverdale under Aydelott has been a better than average program. I, like so many others, am not satisfied with better than average, we just have a difference of opinion as to why it is not the great program it once was. Having a rough start to a long season has allowed to many #### roaches come crawling out of the wood work with their negativity and they only want to blame one thing. I look at several things including but not limited to talent.

Describe the talent difference, please. Has enrollment changed drastically as more schools are added to the county? I believe they were counted at just over 2000 for this current classification and to my knowledge, this is a fairly consistent number for many years now. Am I off base with those numbers? If that is the case, the Jimmy's and Joes are still likely to be walking the hallways at RHS.

I think that Coach A's loyal defenders would never miss a chance to vote. You just know what the results of the poll are going to reveal.

Wins and losses are a perfectly objective measure, however, so I am fine with that. Let's see how many wins Coach A this season and compare him against other coaches in TN. It's the only fair way to settle this issue.

One season? That is foolish. Career win percentage, wins/losses, and bonus points given to coaches who coached at difficult, losing programs and turned them around. 

Just one question. With the opening in the either Rockvale or Christiana opening in a couple of years, should we just give up football totally now?

Stay calm, LOD. You gave a long list of all your health issues. You probably need to sit this argument out. 

And no, no reason to give up. you only need to be reasonable in your expectations and understand like any reasonable sports fan does that programs go up and down, especially when new schools open up and split the truly talented players apart. Your argument is really against growth and the decision to keep schools below 2500 students. Think what untouchable teams would come out of Rutherford if there were still only 3-4 6a schools. Having 4 schools of 5000 might be interesting if they were manageable.