Riverdale Coach and Tennessean Sports article

hardtackle

Talent may be down. Zoning may have an effect. That doesn't change the article. That doesn't change that the kids bear all the weight of a bad year, placed on them by the coach. At the end of the day coaching is as much or more about mentoring young men and helping make them better people.

As I said before, I don't know the context of the interview and how this transpired, but one is lead to think he is placing all burden on the kids. Whether its true or not, at this point he's lost the team and it will be difficult to ever get them back. Appears this year is a forgone conclusion...

Edited by eers

I did not even respond to anything said until posters were placing all the blame for Riverdale's poor season on Aydelott alone. I will stand by my original statement that coaching alone is not the reason for the lack of wins this year. Others blame it totally on him,I said lack of talent this year and zone changes have had something to do with the season. I will always believe this to be the reason. I just wanted to present another thought as to the lack of success this year. 

The decline at Riverdale is his blame! Great coaches let alone good coaches or any coach that cares about these kids does not or will not throw his players under the bus! No wonder the kids at RHS do not want to play for him!  He has lost the respect not only of the players but most of the community! Now I see what kind of people defend him as well! Whether anyone person,likes it or not it all boils down to the head coach! It is called accountablity! GO WARRIORS!!

The decline at Riverdale is his blame! Great coaches let alone good coaches or any coach that cares about these kids does not or will not throw his players under the bus! No wonder the kids at RHS do not want to play for him!  He has lost the respect not only of the players but most of the community! Now I see what kind of people defend him as well! Whether anyone person,likes it or not it all boils down to the head coach! It is called accountablity! GO WARRIORS!! Just my opinion. You have yours and I have mine. You blame it totally on him and that was the only reason I ever posted. I will never believe he is totally the blame. 

The decline at Riverdale is his blame! Great coaches let alone good coaches or any coach that cares about these kids does not or will not throw his players under the bus! No wonder the kids at RHS do not want to play for him!  He has lost the respect not only of the players but most of the community! Now I see what kind of people defend him as well! Whether anyone person,likes it or not it all boils down to the head coach! It is called accountablity! GO WARRIORS!! I will never believe that the coach is totally the blame. 

I will never agree with your opinion. 

Edited by hardtackle

My guess is coach A was asked about the rezoning and that was what he was talking about. I dint believe he was asked what is reason you are losing. I think thblame in a lot of places and there is not one thing that has caused but I will say that if a kid wants to go to a school they will for some reason we are not keepin our kids and we are not getting any kids moving in either.

Look the intent of the article in the Tennessean is so clear that even Stevie Wonder could see it. Aydelott is making excuses to help provide himself with a comfortable landing. Perhaps is will be going back to Metro. Aydelott does not create programs, he coaches teams. He does not develop players like other successful programs in 7AAA. Many of you should of known this from the get go. Calling Aydelott names does not make this situation better. Riverdale fans just be glad you will be rid of him after this year.

Look the intent of the article in the Tennessean is so clear that even Stevie Wonder could see it. Aydelott is making excuses to help provide himself with a comfortable landing. Perhaps he will be going back to Metro. Aydelott does not create programs, he coaches teams. He does not develop players like other successful programs in 7AAA. Many of you should of known this from the get go. Calling Aydelott names does not make this situation better. Riverdale fans just be glad you will be rid of him after this year.

Look the intent of the article in the Tennessean is so clear that even Stevie Wonder could see it. Aydelott is making excuses to help provide himself with a comfortable landing. Perhaps he will be going back to Metro. Aydelott does not create programs, he coaches teams. He does not develop players like other successful programs in 7AAA. Many of you should of known this from the get go. Calling Aydelott names does not make this situation better. Riverdale fans just be glad you will be rid of him after this year.

Fine provided he takes Wells with him, and.......................

nor will I ever agree with you! Accountability seems not many people can man up and own it! Lets cry and whine to the media! GO WARRIORS!!

Fans can tear down a program as well. Negative posts on this site that all the players can see by so called fans has done nothing to help this football program. Talk about accountability and whining and crying,what are the negative posters doing to help the young men win football games.