Riverdale Coach and Tennessean Sports article

hardtackle

Come on dad , we are never going to agree and will never know if this situation would be the same if GR was still the coach. I just thought the article was very timely.

It would never have been written as GR never would have tolerated a 0-3 and possible 0-4 start!

Time was when there were at least three threads on here about how GOOD and how much we were going to win by. Now there is two or three of them also but now it is about who and by how much our tails are going to be whipped by. Certainly there would never be thoughts about US GETTING MERCY RULED!

Folks used to complain we were getting all the attention. Now it is an embarrassment.

The first thing I noticed when I saw the picture was the perceived look of a deer in the headlights of the coach.

Second thing I noticed was the use of EXCUSES by the Coach to deflect blame away on himself and put it on the 'talent', or lack there of. Second part of the second part is the total lack of ideas expressed by the coach to fix this.

Third thing I noticed was the tone of the entire article, which is the season is done and over so don't expect any better from the program.

Now while a few call me negative, I know if I was a young player, I would NOT want to play for this man. Oh yea I forgot.......this was an earlier excuse for the declining numbers for R'dale vs the same sized schools in the same town.

No young man is birthed with football greatness. It is learned from Men who can teach it.

While Coach A may be a really good wing-t coach, he does NOT have the skill to pick a staff that can teach it. That's solely on HIM!

So now you comment on how the man looks? Good grief, that is pathetic. 

I agree, I wish the article had not been written and can be seen as insulting to the current players. However, the writer did not say how the question was asked, thus setting Aydelott up a little.

If he asked "why do you think the talent is down?" implying that the talent is down and the coach responds, versus asking "why do you think the season is off to such a bad start?" and Aydelott answers with "the talent is down because of rezoning" it changes things dramatically.

Of course you whiners will see it as insulting to the current players and worry about hurting their feelings. I would look at it as a clear message to work harder and get better. But that's all on the coach right? I'm sure they have not been working hard at all for 6 years. 

It would never have been written as GR never would have tolerated a 0-3 and possible 0-4 start!

Time was when there were at least three threads on here about how GOOD and how much we were going to win by. Now there is two or three of them also but now it is about who and by how much our tails are going to be whipped by. Certainly there would never be thoughts about US GETTING MERCY RULED!

Folks used to complain we were getting all the attention. Now it is an embarrassment.

we will never know if he would have been 0-3 or 0-4 because he is not at Riverdale. Everything that has been said is speculation or opinion,which can ever be known.

Then perhaps it is time for you to start referring to Riverdale as "they" and not "we." You talk enough trash about them to certainly qualify as an opponent, not a supporter. 

I knew you guys could not handle this article,timing of it being in the paper is great or coincidence?

So I guess you and lap dog are saying that Coach A wasn't smart to see the writing on the wall? Or maybe that's why he's been interviewing for the last few years, he knew he didn't have the coaching ability to win without superior talent and numbers?

And now's he's whining to the Tennessean! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Then perhaps it is time for you to start referring to Riverdale as "they" and not "we." You talk enough trash about them to certainly qualify as an opponent, not a supporter.

I have earned my tie to the program. What is yours besides one loser Metro Coach defending another?

BTW when you get a Coach you expect them to live in the same county at least. That way you do not have far to travel if you need to put a For Sale sign in their yard. I say this as the players knew from the start that Coach A was NOT committed to them or the town. If Coach A thought Williamson County is so much better then why is he not Coaching there? Oh yes I forgot they saw how big of a disaster he has made at R'dale.

I do have a question for the Metro duo. Do y'all call each other to co-ordinate the defense? If so then can you teach Wells?

So I guess you and lap dog are saying that Coach A wasn't smart to see the writing on the wall? Or maybe that's why he's been interviewing for the last few years, he knew he didn't have the coaching ability to win without superior talent and numbers?

And now's he's whining to the Tennessean! :popcorneater:

Try to read a little quicker. It all depends on how the question was framed. Look back about 6 posts. How many state championships and playoff wins have you coached a team to? To say he can't coach is illogical and ignorant. 

I have earned my tie to the program. What is yours besides one loser Metro Coach defending another?

BTW when you get a Coach you expect them to live in the same county at least. That way you do not have far to travel if you need to put a For Sale sign in their yard. I say this as the players knew from the start that Coach A was NOT committed to them or the town. If Coach A thought Williamson County is so much better then why is he not Coaching there? Oh yes I forgot they saw how big of a disaster he has made at R'dale.

I do have a question for the Metro duo. Do y'all call each other to co-ordinate the defense? If so then can you teach Wells?

You would do better to not make dumb assumptions on someone's identity and affiliation. It adds to the ignorance you continue to show. 

I think you have more than earned the right for Riverdale to break the ties you claim to have with them.