Week 5 - #7 - NCS @ Jo Byrns

ArtVandelayTN

Well it's game day and hope all you folks from NC have a safe trip, welcome to the Dungeon ! My Devils got an uphill climb tonite against them eagles, NC is becoming a regular to the top ten ranks and I know the fans, parents, supporters and all involed are excited bout what coach brothers has done there, one thing about it, we've been there and done that. What we shud witness tonite is very possibly the district title game, the eagles are bringing in a good FB team and the Devils will see what kinda team we have also. What I expect to see is some scoring from both squads, rain is likely so turnovers may play a huge role for one team or the other, special teams play is critical tonite. NC enters the game at #7 statewide and the Devils are not far behind, this will be a good measuring tool for each team, may both play injury free and with good efforts,,, I feel like this will be a very well coached game and whom ever controls the clock in the 2nd half will be the winner, turnovers will be critical tonite for each team ! Welcome to the Dungeon Eagles,,, go Red Devils !

Well it's game day and hope all you folks from NC have a safe trip, welcome to the Dungeon ! My Devils got an uphill climb tonite against them eagles, NC is becoming a regular to the top ten ranks and I know the fans, parents, supporters and all involed are excited bout what coach brothers has done there, one thing about it, we've been there and done that. What we shud witness tonite is very possibly the district title game, the eagles are bringing in a good FB team and the Devils will see what kinda team we have also. What I expect to see is some scoring from both squads, rain is likely so turnovers may play a huge role for one team or the other, special teams play is critical tonite. NC enters the game at #7 statewide and the Devils are not far behind, this will be a good measuring tool for each team, may both play injury free and with good efforts,,, I feel like this will be a very well coached game and whom ever controls the clock in the 2nd half will be the winner, turnovers will be critical tonite for each team ! Welcome to the Dungeon Eagles,,, go Red Devils !

Thanks for all the well wishes from JB folks.  I hope everyone on both squads comes away healthy.  

I've never been to the Dungeon (pretty new to all this) so I can't wait to see this battle tonight.  I agree, whoever wins this one will take the district.  Good luck to both teams.

Can't wait to try the concession stand pork chops you guys talked about.

Beware the whiteout  :D !!!

Thanks for all the well wishes from JB folks.  I hope everyone on both squads comes away healthy.  

I've never been to the Dungeon (pretty new to all this) so I can't wait to see this battle tonight.  I agree, whoever wins this one will take the district.  Good luck to both teams.

Can't wait to try the concession stand pork chops you guys talked about.

Beware the whiteout  :D !!!

NCSDad I have made the trip to the Dungeon several times over last few seasons and always a great atmosphere for high school football.  If they have the the Trucks fired up and revving it will be really loud! Red Devils fans know their football, will be fired up, ready to play and they are always prepared and will bring it tonight.  

With all this smack talk I feel compelled to let some of the newer Eagle fans the history between these two teams.  Here some motivation and some cold hard Stats.   From 2004 to 2011 The Eagles only won once over the Red Devils and were out scored 254 to 86.  The Eagle were completely shut out and did not score one point in 2007, 2008, and 2009.  I know times have changed and this isn't your grandmother NCS but the Red Devil's are still very capable of ruining the party for the Eagles and take the lead in the district with a win in this pivotal district game.  

http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_ncs2000.htm

Edited by youthsportsPIX

Looking forward to returning to Cedar Hill tonight. It is always a great HS football atmosphere at the Dungeon! I love fans who thoroughly support their team and are respectful to the competition and thats what you get from Jo Byrns fans.

Hoping the Eagles can keep the train rolling tonight and come away with the win. I expect a hard faught, well coached game from both sides. May all of the boys on both teams stay healthy. We still have the whole second half of the season to play after this.

Go Eagles!!!

"NCSDad I have made the trip to the Dungeon several times over last few seasons and always a great atmosphere for high school football.  If they have the the Trucks fired up and revving it will be really loud! Red Devils fans know their football, will be fired up, ready to play and they are always prepared and will bring it tonight. "

Actually the trucks will be silenced. I made a call to the EPA and the TN Environmental and Conservation today and they are going to have an environmental enforcement officer there to shut that down due to the negative effects on the air quality. Those trucks were really quite lame anyway.

NC wins 28-12 in about a sloppy a game as possible, but I've heard there was a lot of that tonight. They were back and forth to begin the game then NC put a drive together to score. He Eagles were up 20-0 when JB started to come back to make a game of it. This might have a different outcome if #50 doesn't bat a ball down that would've allowed JB to tie the game. That is a big dude! I hope these teams meet up again in better weather in the playoffs. Maybe a different outcome, maybe not, but I'd like to see it.