Science hill @ Siegel

Topperfootballfan

You're punching keys that my own fingers have failed to struck (for the laymen: you're putting words in my mouth).  That fact alone proves that you are making this about yourself, on your own accord, as you always do.  

So, go ahead reach back into your extensive vocabulary and call me a "chump", say that you are "100% correct" so you can feel good about yourself, then go crawl back into that hole from whence you came.

I bet you drive a Volkswagen and wear those little round reading glasses.

I may be wrong but I think science hill can hang with Siegel ... Siegel has not shown me that they can stop a potent offense the enter game. I do think based on home field advantage and a tougher schedule that they could be favored but since the two teams do not play every year who can say what the outcome could be. Both good offenses from what I can see ... My guess is a shoot out. Well see

The reason Siegal is going to win is because they are the better team. Better players, better coaches and they play in the strongest district in the state. It's a fact. And yes, they are better then DB. Anyway, some if you guys are way to touchy. Calling people a dumba$$??? Well, you better believe that deserved a comeback. So get better or the streak continues. I guess when it does end whoever the coach is will get something named in his honor. Please don't go to Siegal and embarrass our district. Lol. ROLL TRIBE

Lets see who is the dumba$$ after Friday night chump. SH is in trouble. I just hope you get to go see it. I've seen enough High quality High School football in the last 17 years to know. I know talent and when I watched you guys earlier this year I seen the same old SH. A. Team that will never get past DB. ROLL TRIBE

Woah now, are you mad or something? Keyboard warrior talking big because he's behind the mighty DB. I'm not really sure when any of us SH fans claimed to be Alabama, but you sure are making us out to be what you DB fans are every year... Cocky. It's a football game, you don't even play. Leave the smack talk to the players, who can actually prove something on the field. We all know you're a bad*** because your a DB fan and you've beaten SH for 18 years, but get off your high horse. It's high school football.

I'm bored and decided to look at the scoring stats for both teams, since that's all I have available.  I think that when you look at the numbers, it looks like plenty of points are going to be scored this Friday night.  SH is averaging 41 points per game (that isn't including the Crockett game) and Siegel is averaging 34.5.  

On the defensive side, SH allows 19 points per game and Siegel 38.  When you look at the averages of the points scored by opponents and how those same opponents perform against Siegel or SH, you'll find that Siegel is successful in diminishing their opponents offensive production by 3.5%.  For Science Hill, they hold their opponents to 41% less scoring than they achieved in their other games.

I know that you have to take numbers and stats with a grain of salt, especially here since neither team has a common opponent and they've played vastly different levels of competition.  I also know that it is football, not math, and all sorts of things come into play and can happen during a football game.

It may be the case that Siegel doesn't allow SH to move the ball a single yard, I don't know.  I do know that Siegel is a very good team that plays in a tough conference; 4 of their teams are ranked in this week's AP Top 10 poll.  

SH's defense has yet to be tested by a good offense, and the SH secondary is still a concern, IMHO.  McGue's ability to pass the ball with regular consistency is also something that hasn't been shown, but it hasn't been needed, yet.  If SH can put together an average scoring night on offense and some answer for Siegel on defense, they may have a chance.  It could be a good game in Murfreesboro.

Edited by voltnh

SH's defense has yet to be tested by a good offense,

Elizabethton is not a good offense?      Oh you meant a good 6A offense.    Wait a sec, SH has yet to play a 6A team this season, Siegel will be the first.

This will be the game of the week in the entire state.    Too bad it is in middle TN, they could pack out Topper stadium by 5:30.          I'm going to say SH wins it by 3 points in a shootout/track meet.

Elizabethton is not a good offense?      Oh you meant a good 6A offense.    Wait a sec, SH has yet to play a 6A team this season, Siegel will be the first.

This will be the game of the week in the entire state.    Too bad it is in middle TN, they could pack out Topper stadium by 5:30.          I'm going to say SH wins it by 3 points in a shootout/track meet.

One last thing, the crystal ball says forget about PAT's, lots of going for 2.     Going to take a lot of points to win this one

Forgive my lack of clarity....perhaps a multi dimensional offense is more representative of the point in which I was attempting to convey.  From the Week 1 broadcast, it sounded like EHS wasn't airing it out that often. If I'm wrong, I'm sure no fewer than 5 EHS contributors will correct me.

Forgive my lack of clarity....perhaps a multi dimensional offense is more representative of the point in which I was attempting to convey.  From the Week 1 broadcast, it sounded like EHS wasn't airing it out that often. If I'm wrong, I'm sure no fewer than 5 EHS contributors will correct me.

Ha ha...   no, you are 100% right, Elizabethton probably passes 5 times per game.     And why not, they can run over about anybody.     Siegel will throw the kitchen sink at SH, I'm sure they feel like they have something to prove as well.     Hope someone videos the game and uploads it to youtube