GREENEVILLE @ Clairborne

DevilMan03

Man, you Greenville fans are so sensitive. Listen to what I was trying to say. GREENEVILLE has an unbelievable football program right now. They have not had a conference game within 4 touchdowns in 5 years. What I was saying was that they should find at least 3 top-notch non-conference teams each year. I am sure their coaches try...I know they are not afraid of anyone...I know they don't schedule cupcakes. I think they have a great coaching staff and have hard-working players. It just amazes me that if a team does not appear on greenevilles schedule, that the other team automatically dropped GREENEVILLE. That may be the case sometimes, but I doubt it is always the case. I have watched GREENEVILLE play football since the Debusk-Story days and am not a "hater", I simply asked a question about why 2 good teams were no longer on the schedule. Just because I don't think GREENEVILLE does no wrong, doesn't mean I am trying to stir up trouble. I think GREENEVILLE will be 10-0 during the regular season and believe that the winner of them and Fulton wins state. I am sure I won't get blasted for that statement.

Best advice I can give is just ignore those posts.  The schedules can be a very hard task,  Obviously you have to play the conference foes.  Those dates are set for you.  Then you have to be lucky enough to find good teams that have the open dates that work with yours.  The you have to "hope" the home and away issues can work out so you have a balanced schedule.  Nobody wants 3 at home and 7 away.  In defense of the Devils all of the non conference games except for Signal Mountain are with higher classification schools.

As an FYI, most GHS fans wish we were in a different conference.  Our community is way to small for the bad blood that sometimes gets created by the fans.  I say fans because I don't see it in the kids.  I personnally (sp?) always pull for the county teams except for when they play GHS.  In my day our big rivals were Newport, both M'town teams, etc.  Loved the IMAC

Best advice I can give is just ignore those posts. The schedules can be a very hard task, Obviously you have to play the conference foes. Those dates are set for you. Then you have to be lucky enough to find good teams that have the open dates that work with yours. The you have to "hope" the home and away issues can work out so you have a balanced schedule. Nobody wants 3 at home and 7 away. In defense of the Devils all of the non conference games except for Signal Mountain are with higher classification schools.

As an FYI, most GHS fans wish we were in a different conference. Our community is way to small for the bad blood that sometimes gets created by the fans. I say fans because I don't see it in the kids. I personnally (sp?) always pull for the county teams except for when they play GHS. In my day our big rivals were Newport, both M'town teams, etc. Loved the IMAC

I'd like to see us back in the imac. Those games were much more competitive.

Man, you Greenville fans are so sensitive. Listen to what I was trying to say. GREENEVILLE has an unbelievable football program right now. They have not had a conference game within 4 touchdowns in 5 years. What I was saying was that they should find at least 3 top-notch non-conference teams each year. I am sure their coaches try...I know they are not afraid of anyone...I know they don't schedule cupcakes. I think they have a great coaching staff and have hard-working players. It just amazes me that if a team does not appear on greenevilles schedule, that the other team automatically dropped GREENEVILLE. That may be the case sometimes, but I doubt it is always the case. I have watched GREENEVILLE play football since the Debusk-Story days and am not a "hater", I simply asked a question about why 2 good teams were no longer on the schedule. Just because I don't think GREENEVILLE does no wrong, doesn't mean I am trying to stir up trouble. I think GREENEVILLE will be 10-0 during the regular season and believe that the winner of them and Fulton wins state. I am sure I won't get blasted for that statement.

Maybe you could quit questioning why Greeneville isn't playing Alcoa and SH, and start asking why WG and CD are still playing Cosby, NG, and SG. And before you start with that "traditional rivalry" crap, remember MoWest and Jeff County are traditional rivals for Greeneville while Alcoa and SH aren't . 

Edited by barb

Define game-like scrimmage.

My question was not to upset anyone, just asking why greeneville didn't keep 2 quality non-conf games on schedule.

is was not us that dropped alcoa it was there coach i got that from one of the alcoa thread followers as far as SH it had to be the same thing greeneville can only be better come playoff time by playing teams like this