Grundy @ Signal Mountain - Week 4

MountainTroll

I would like to know how many kids that play for

signal actually live there. Not trying to start something, just did not realize there was that much talent up there.

Of the 20 that I would consider 1st team offense and defense, I think 6 live in the valley.  And we still lose some talent to the privates every year.  So yes, there is some talent on Sissy Mountain; but, dedication, work ethic, and conditioning have a lot to do with it.  Some kids that I never thought would be ballers have suprised me as they have gotten older.  Not always the best talent, but they practice hard, play hard, and have been doing a better job of playing as a team.

Of the 20 that I would consider 1st team offense and defense, I think 6 live in the valley. And we still lose some talent to the privates every year. So yes, there is some talent on Sissy Mountain; but, dedication, work ethic, and conditioning have a lot to do with it. Some kids that I never thought would be ballers have suprised me as they have gotten older. Not always the best talent, but they practice hard, play hard, and have been doing a better job of playing as a team.

Signal Mountain has great talent. That's my opinion and maybe I'm wrong.

Another classless performance by Signal. 70-0 Of course they will change out their running backs with a big lead but they won't change O-line or their defense. Sorry Grundy It is what it is. I promise we will do all we can do to beat them. Go Irish

You need to go to confession and say three hail marys, and then give another 10K to the diocese to support your no athlete left behind program you have a ND. Those three hail marys will be the ones that you will need to throw in the 4th Qtr just to try and catch up when you play Signal. Aren't you being judgmental  by judging us as classless? You must know what classless is by looking in the mirror everyday!

Of the 20 that I would consider 1st team offense and defense, I think 6 live in the valley.  And we still lose some talent to the privates every year.  So yes, there is some talent on Sissy Mountain; but, dedication, work ethic, and conditioning have a lot to do with it.  Some kids that I never thought would be ballers have suprised me as they have gotten older.  Not always the best talent, but they practice hard, play hard, and have been doing a better job of playing as a team.

BTW our Middle School Program is doing well developing good athletes. The 6th grade team is playing well. they beat Lake Forrest (Bradley Central feeder) 31 to 21 Saturday. the 7th grade team beat LF 16 to 14 on Saturday. The varsity are 2-1 beat Soddy Middle Twins 45 to 0 on Thursday and the week prior beat Hixson pretty bad! So goes to show that through hard work and good coaching good thing will happen! The proof is in the pudding!

Edited by payner410

Everybody loses kids to the privates.  It hurts small schools more so than bigger ones.  But you are right about one thing, you are going to have to eat your Wheaties to outwork Bill.  Great coach.  I love his intensity and work ethic.  He kind of reminds me of, well me, now I am sure I hate him.  Just kidding, good luck to the eagles. 

• Upvote 1

BTW our Middle School Program is doing well developing good athletes. The 6th grade team is playing well. they beat Lake Forrest (Bradley Central feeder) 31 to 21 Saturday. the 7th grade team beat LF 16 to 14 on Saturday. The varsity are 2-1 beat Soddy Middle Twins 45 to 0 on Thursday and the week prior beat Hixson pretty bad! So goes to show that through hard work and good coaching good thing will happen! The proof is in the pudding!

It's nice to see the Middle School program develop.  Coach Davis and his assistants have done a great job getting the guys (and girl) ready for the next level.  You know you're doing something right when you see a lot of blue M's and red B's recruiting lurking at the games.  And some green ND's. :ph34r:

Edited by MountainTroll

well goat it's not gonna be any tougher than the last 2. Only difference is Signal could beat both seq and silverdale. So it's gonna get uglier than we have seen it so far this year. In my opinion.

I think you are right on the money Beav. Although I do think we could have made a better game of it Friday if we could have held on to the ball. IMO