Coalfield VS Oliver Springs

TheBlackPearl

I'm thinking Coalfield. I hope I'm right because they are a good team. I remember saying in the Spring that as long as they can remain healthy they can pay with anyone. The loss of Addison Bible would hurt just about any team and I seriously don't think they have an "upgrade" to him. However, they do still have the beef and they should be able to make holes if they can find a tough nut runner similar to Bible.

Kaz

Coalfield also lost their starting center (which was the starter last year also) to a horrific leg injury against sunbright. They had to move starting left guard who is getting D1 looks to center which has hurt the line so bad. Their left tackle got ejected last week against GB so he'll be sitting this week. Add the loss of Bible on top of that and they may be in trouble this week. Heck, they'll have trouble the rest of the year. The stipulation to the title run was to not have serious injuries and no big head. Both have happened so idk what the rest of the year holds. I just hope all teams stay healthy the rest of the way. There have been some bad injuries in the area already this year.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at that OS Oakdale game and OS only scored offensively 7 times and only threw the ball twice. They scored 2 pick 6's a fumble return for a touchdown as well as a blocked punt for a TD which was in fact their first score, The 1st quarter alone took 50 minutes to play. It was an up and down the field type of game and i'm really not sure what OS could have done other than take a knee every play after a certain point but we all know that would cause an uproar as well.

I agree that OS didn't run up the score against Oakdale. From the looks of the newspaper write up in the Morgan County news, it seemed to be just a perfect storm for OS in the first half. Not much you can do about that, but with that said, OS has a reputation of running up the score intentionally in basketball and football from time to time. That is obvious considering that people automatically assume that the score was ran up.

I agree that OS didn't run up the score against Oakdale. From the looks of the newspaper write up in the Morgan County news, it seemed to be just a perfect storm for OS in the first half. Not much you can do about that, but with that said, OS has a reputation of running up the score intentionally in basketball and football from time to time. That is obvious considering that people automatically assume that the score was ran up.

I do not know about OS basketball but if you would give me an example of OS running up the score in football I would love to hear it..........

I was at that OS Oakdale game and OS only scored offensively 7 times and only threw the ball twice. They scored 2 pick 6's a fumble return for a touchdown as well as a blocked punt for a TD which was in fact their first score, The 1st quarter alone took 50 minutes to play. It was an up and down the field type of game and i'm really not sure what OS could have done other than take a knee every play after a certain point but we all know that would cause an uproar as well.

The first half is wide open. Teams should play their first team and try to score the entire first half. Like I said, I wasn't at the game and didn't see how the scoring went. This is obviously not a Science Hill vs Davey Crocket type of incident. Science Hill intentionally ran up the score.

I still say Coalfield rebounds and comes together after the injuries to pull out a district win.

After looking back at the scores I looked at when I posted the previous comment, I realize that the blowout games I had seen were mostly Oakdale and Jellico. So I take back what I said about football, but as far as basketball goes, they have been known to keeping starters in and jacking up threes in order to score as much as possible against inferior teams. Been on the wrong side of a couple of said situations. I know in football it is kinda hard to hold down the scoring to an extent, but in basketball it can be controlled a little easier especially without a shot clock.

The first half is wide open. Teams should play their first team and try to score the entire first half. Like I said, I wasn't at the game and didn't see how the scoring went. This is obviously not a Science Hill vs Davey Crocket type of incident. Science Hill intentionally ran up the score.

I still say Coalfield rebounds and comes together after the injuries to pull out a district win.

The way GCA has ran up the score the last few years on anybody and everybody they could, you really shouldn't be commenting about anyone else running up the score, although that wasn't the case with the OS/Oakdale game this year.

The way GCA has ran up the score the last few years on anybody and everybody they could, you really shouldn't be commenting about anyone else running up the score, although that wasn't the case with the OS/Oakdale game this year.

GCA could have beat Kingston by 50, but didn't. They took a knee to end the first half on the 1 yd line against AE this year. I think that says plenty about where the program is. But thanks for the hater comment.