Gordonsville @ Lancaster Christian

croz6110

I would be willing to bet the farm, now I could be wrong, Nashville Christian is not near as good as most of the Alphabet schools from the 90's!  Now I do believe Brothers is a good coach and he has been at Brentwood Academy, CPA, and JPII so I am sure he realizes how to "build" a team but I still ain't too sure he has the pieces to be in the situation he was at CPA.

I would be willing to bet the farm, now I could be wrong, Nashville Christian is not near as good as most of the Alphabet schools from the 90's! Now I do believe Brothers is a good coach and he has been at Brentwood Academy, CPA, and JPII so I am sure he realizes how to "build" a team but I still ain't too sure he has the pieces to be in the situation he was at CPA.

If he does then everyone else is in trouble.

Have no idea, I'm just a parent, not in administration! But the bottom line is we have players that start on LCA, that have never played football! If you were at the game, you would've been able to see that! Of course the QB, WR are players!  And those players that you speak of (which it's only a few) would most definitely be eligible!  The school has only been around about 10 years and just now getting to 100+ high school students!  People come there for different reasons! Some come there for an opportunity to learn in a smaller environment (than the 7AAA) schools around here. Some come for an opportunity to get on the field or court(in my kids case). Not arguing with you, just letting you know the real deal.  Again, you guys have a good football team and really nice fans! I talked with alot of your fans last nite! Very classy fans! Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

The stories that were in the paper when Watson left mentioned that the administration refused to join the TSSAA.

It makes no sense to me why a private school would not be a member. They would be a top 10 team as they've beaten 2 teams in the 1A top ten, and they would get revenue from playoff games and such. So, their must be other motives.

I'm not knocking LCA at all, like I said, we got spanked, and they had a lot of athletes from what it sounded like on the radio.

And, from listening to the radio, we missed a lot of tackles.

That probably falls on us and it gives credit to them for breaking them.

I actually wish I could've went just to see their QB, I think he's just a junior, so I'll see him next year anyway.

Congrats to LC on the win. We'll lick our wounds and get ready for Westmoreland.

• Upvote 1

As far as Nashville Christian goes, I actually expected them to whoop up on JB more than they did. But weather could've played a factor.

Weather was a huge factor, continuous heavy down pour from 2nd QTR on. And well, about 7 runs of 30 plus yards by NCS were wiped out by, let's say "late flags". It was getting ridiculous. When JB had the ball, ref covers it up a towel, NCS possession no towel. JB's first TD came on incomplete pass as QB being sacked throws the ball into ground, everyone kind of stops, JB player picks it up and runs 45 yards for TD. Refs rule fumble, horrible officiating, but you expect that playing at the Dungeon.

Weather was a huge factor, continuous heavy down pour from 2nd QTR on. And well, about 7 runs of 30 plus yards by NCS were wiped out by, let's say "late flags". It was getting ridiculous. When JB had the ball, ref covers it up a towel, NCS possession no towel. JB's first TD came on incomplete pass as QB being sacked throws the ball into ground, everyone kind of stops, JB player picks it up and runs 45 yards for TD. Refs rule fumble, horrible officiating, but you expect that playing at the Dungeon.

The only thing worse than a sore loser is a whining winner.   :popcorneater:

Edited by RedRobin1

I know someone that has a kid there and was able to see the film. Their starters beat your starters by 1 and was also informed they were missing 4 defensive players during that scrimage. Your arrogance is amazing. That QB threw for 300 yard in  17 plays not attempts. I will say this, i would like to see this teams square off in a real game. I personally think that the running back from NCS is a beast.

Did you miss the part about NCS whooping up on Lancaster about a week before Week 0? Like 36-12