Gordonsville @ Lancaster Christian

croz6110

This schedule was made by Watson last year. A lot of the teams agreed to play LCA because they were expecting an easy win. LCA was JB homecoming the third game of the year, really?

It feels good to allow LCA seniors to get a little respect. They have been on LCA teams when LCA was 10-0, 0-10, 7-5, so they deserve a decent season.

Do know that at LCA the focus is not about SPORTS, they work hard on building great students, getting them in and prepared for college. Football is just something they do for recreation ONLY, however winning at it is good as well. This is how it should be, educate first, then sports. These kids are not just playing to get into college, most of them will go to college on academic scholarships too. And in the process, they get to praise God!!!!

LCwas not JB's 3rd game of the year and not scheduled for homecoming, LC was our 1game of the year !

This schedule was made by Watson last year. A lot of the teams agreed to play LCA because they were expecting an easy win. LCA was JB homecoming the third game of the year, really?

It feels good to allow LCA seniors to get a little respect. They have been on LCA teams when LCA was 10-0, 0-10, 7-5, so they deserve a decent season.

Do know that at LCA the focus is not about SPORTS, they work hard on building great students, getting them in and prepared for college. Football is just something they do for recreation ONLY, however winning at it is good as well. This is how it should be, educate first, then sports. These kids are not just playing to get into college, most of them will go to college on academic scholarships too. And in the process, they get to praise God!!!!

I respect this type of Christian attitude by a private school. So y'all don't go to the playoffs in either of the divisions right?

I don't know,could be or they may just didn't want the music interfearing with rhythm of their game.

The Hoe field does not belong to LCA. There maybe a situation with the middle school, as the field is not LCA's. Most middle school teams don't have bands, so it maybe that they may not want bands playing on their field.

Most middle schools don't have the ability to maintain a football field the way that high schools do. I'm not saying that is the reason, but it would make sense.

I respect this type of Christian attitude by a private school. So y'all don't go to the playoffs in either of the divisions right?

No, not in TSSAA. LCA plays in NACA.

And Thank you. At LCA they go back to old school educating.

It really isn't about the sports, now I'm not telling you that the kids,

parents, and administration doesn't care about the sports program, they do. It's just not their main focus. At LCA they work very hard to get kids in college for the academics more than the athletics.

That's my reason for my child attending.

Edited by tlynne

No, not in TSSAA. LCA plays in NACA.

And Thank you. At LCA they go back to old school educating.

It really isn't about the sports, now I'm not telling you that the kids,

parents, and administration doesn't care about the sports program, they do. It's just not their main focus. At LCA they work very hard to get kids in college for the academics more than the athletics.

That's my reason for my child attending.

What is NACA? Do they give scholarships for athletes? Finally how much does it cost per student to attend per year?

What is NACA? Do they give scholarships for athletes? Finally how much does it cost per student to attend per year?

Tuition is $6500 a year according to this, rather modestly prices compared to that of MBA, Ensworth, etc...

LCA TUITION

NACA is the National Association for Christian Athletes

You can read more about the organization HERE

Not to knock NACA but....their website looks like it was designed by a 12 year old. Very kid-ish...reminds me of the new iOS7.

Maybe they didn't want to overpay some fat cat web designer and keep their cost down on what they charge for tuition. Sounds like y'all got beat by some pretty abnormal private school folks. The more I hear about this school the more I respect them. I bet they take in cases of children who can't afford the school wether or not they run a 4.5 forty time or not or their parents not a doctor or lawyer. I have to give credit where credit is due. I'm sure being a Bishop and all you could respect someone actually trying to do what Jesus would probably approve of.

Maybe they didn't want to overpay some fat cat web designer and keep their cost down on what they charge for tuition. Sounds like y'all got beat by some pretty abnormal private school folks. The more I hear about this school the more I respect them. I bet they take in cases of children who can't afford the school wether or not they run a 4.5 forty time or not or their parents not a doctor or lawyer. I have to give credit where credit is due. I'm sure being a Bishop and all you could respect someone actually trying to do what Jesus would probably approve of.

This school may do good things for athletes and for families, I do not know. However I can never respect a high school that will take in kids who are not eligible at other schools and let them play sports. If you flunk out of school A, heck come on down here to school B and you can play, that is the Lancaster moto. I can name names and even current players, but I will not because this is not the students fault. The organization and parents are at fault and this type of crap should never happen.