Tri Cities Christian @ Cloudland

foreveranole

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I really didn't see that coming. I kinna thought we could put up around 40 but I didn't think we would completely shut them down. Their QB showed some toughness in the 2nd half tho . He was talking some pretty good hits . I seen him take a shot to the elbow on one tackle and he started favoring it a lil. But he hung in there. #11 was real quick but they didn't use him much @ all , especially in the first half . Didn't understand that , but Thats why I don't coach that team I guess! Lol! The #55 kid was a hard nose player and didn't mind laying the wood. He was all over the field. The TCC kids seemed to be a bunch of good sports for the most part. I talked to one of our players after the game and he was bragging on them being good sports ! Good job Landers on an Impressive defensive shut out. Enjoy this coming Friday off! You boys deserve it. And as always GO LANDERS!!!!

Cloudland is a better team than some might think,King was right about the score and Blueand gold was right about the d. Looks like a special year for the Landers.

I sorta saw this coming, When you get your pride wounded and your manhood questioned, well..........with this bunch you are usually in for some pain. TCC has talent and are well coached. Made us drive the ball all night. We never got that 60-70 yard run like we have in the previous games. They were sure tacklers and stayed in position all night. But our D was..........not sure I know a word for it.

I sorta saw this coming, When you get your pride wounded and your manhood questioned, well..........with this bunch you are usually in for some pain. TCC has talent and are well coached. Made us drive the ball all night. We never got that 60-70 yard run like we have in the previous games. They were sure tacklers and stayed in position all night. But our D was..........not sure I know a word for it.

nasty,tough,relentless,i think they played with a chip on their shoulder,having to hear how TCC was gonna take it to them even though they hadn't beat anyone.Things may be different on down the road forTCC but not right now,i hope they can continue to build a solid program.

I didn't see this topic before the game. Congrats to the Highlanders. Someone had mentioned that TCCS had home schoolers on their football team. They have had to do a lot of recruiting in order to get the numbers up to field a team. A TCCS parent told me that they were also playing kids that are in the Job Corps program. I don't know which one. The Jacobs Creek program is somewhere around Bristol and there is one at Flatwoods VA as well.

Its one thing to have kids that can run, but alot of people forget that Cloudland has athletes too. Lacy, Johnson, and Benfield can fly. And if the Landers are bent on stopping the run, you're just not gonna get many yards on this bunch. When old King says it, you just gotta listen lol

I would think GB or CF would have something to say about that king. Both of those teams are pretty good running it when they are bent on running it.

I would think GB or CF would have something to say about that king. Both of those teams are pretty good running it when they are bent on running it.

I believe this years lander team is gonna give them a run for their money.  We're getting back to the days where this was a competitive rivalry.  Everyone else better pay heed.  This bunch can play.