Cleveland @ Knox West

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess West has one heckuva defense. The o didnt look too shabby either. Great game -good luck with remainder of your season cleveland. Rebels schedule looking good. One more win makes this the winniest class in school history.

Well I would agree on that. Holding Cleveland that low was a great defensive effort.

Props to Cleveland for not giving up...good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

As for West, great job in the first half but that's been a problem all year of putting two great halves of football all year. West needs to cut the turnovers down especially in big games if they want to make a deep run... proud of the boys and now 4-1.

Go West!

We are gettin better each week.  I have seen all of Oak Ridges games and all of West on Hudl.  I think this year would be a smash job by the Rebels.  Cottrell, Marshall and Hodge would have a field day against Oak Ridge.  Next year would be more of an evenly matched game. 

There are two things I think West needs to improve in order to make a deep run.  First, they have to figure out how to throw and catch the football.  The better teams late in the year will be able to slow down that veer enough to hang right in there.  Second, that kicking game is shaky and you have to be able to count on good punting, kicking and field goals to win a tight one in the playoffs.  They know that and they will improve.