Greeneville vs Harlan county (ky)

GREENEDEVILARMY

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we are fortunate enough to get there undefeated, either Betsy or Sully south will certainly "TEST" us....but im not counting out Signal Mouthtain givin us a run too. and never count out the ole country boys from gray...Boone will be hardnosed and fight us, but we will wear em down and pound em in the end.

I look forward to that mountain team coming to Greeneville.Your right about Elizabethton and South .Id never overlook either of those two.All that said, you never overlook any team and take care of the game your playing next.This week, thats against a team from "Live Action" country. Go Devils

I don't think this will be a close game at all. Nothing against Harlan County but when you are one sided and not balanced that falls into Greeneville's game plan. I've been going and watching Gville for 15 years and this is one if not the fastest team I've seen them field.

but if we get in a tight game you need your big man in the backfield --  hope that Dj heals quick and can come back to play : for his piece of mind  i hope he can come back and play he deserves it .

Not so fast my greeneville fans.HC is no pushover at all! Their 2 loses have been against the #1 ranked Belfry Pirates in 3A, and #4 ranked Johnson Central eagles in 4A. HC was Ranked #2 in 5A the first couple of weeks before their 2 loses! They will present you your biggest challenge yet! We (HC) must take care of the ball and play mistake free. Something we have not done lately. A little info. HC has an enrollment of 1200 students. We are in our 5th year of existence after consolidating 3 high schools in Harlan county. Our coach is Tom Larkey. He is the 6-7 al time winningest coach in Ky high school football history, approaching 300 wins. We led the state in rushing last season. We have been in the top ten the last 3-4 yrs. Our D has also been ranked in the top 10. This will be a great game! It will help prepare both teams for the post season. Good luck to both teams, and hopefully there won't be any injuries. My prediction is HC 36, Gvill 32!

Excerpt from Bluegrass Preps, another KY high school football site ( pay site )

Harlan County (3-2) at Greenville, Tenn. (4-0), 7:30 p.m.

The Black Bears will have another tough test Friday against one of the top teams in Tennessee. Greenville, Tenn. is ranked 20th in the state, according to unapproved website, and the Green Devils have outscored their opponents 179-13, which includes a 40-0 win over Morristown-Hamblen West. Harlan County will be trying to avoid losing consecutive games for the first time in program history.