End of Regular Season 1A & 2A Teams To Beat & Surprises

TheAmbassador

I won't put the cart before the horse but Oneida has done an excellent job up to this point.  Most experts didn't think they would finish near the top in their own district yet they are right in the thick of it.  Yes, GCA (and others) lie somewhere in the horizon, but the kids have played much better than anticipated.  I ain't going all rah rah and saying they will get to the "Big Game", but for their current body of work it is EASY to say they are one of the surprise teams in the East.  Heck, they just keep grinding and all it takes is one off night.  No doubt GCA and TC are the favorites in the East and they will be tremendous underdogs in either of those match-ups.....interesting to see how long they keep finding ways to win.

:thumb: Kaza Khan :thumb:

Oneida's had my respect since 1992...lol. They'll never be overlooked by TC. No doubt they'll make some noise in November

We hear this same song year after year,it just comes from a different singer. Dresdon comes to mind. Now I sure wouldn't count Mitchell out, they are a little different varment.

Its Dresden and our basketball program sucks!!!! I've learned my lesson but I will say that the west will have strong teams in the ship this year. Until we win I'll stay low key though.....

gold-lg%281%29.jpg

Gees Art, a little presumptive and optimistic aren't you! I'm obviously a huge NCS fan but I remember that road trip to Huntingdon last year too well and the sudden realization about three minutes in, what I what was being told by SWO and company about how those West TN teams play a different kind of football wasn't bovine scatology. That was just brutal. That's why I don't comment on here much anymore. I just read Ambassador, Swo, and Butchie's comments, cause they know football in this state well.

I only hope NCS stays in a weak Quad 3 (with no west teams in Q3), makes it to semis and then gets to host the semi game. In that scenario, with a west team hopefully turning it over 4-5 times, NCS might have a chance. But at this point, Union City, Dresden, and Humboldt are odds on favorites.

Gees Art, a little presumptive and optimistic aren't you! I'm obviously a huge NCS fan but I remember that road trip to Huntingdon last year too well and the sudden realization about three minutes in, what I what was being told by SWO and company about how those West TN teams play a different kind of football wasn't bovine scatology. That was just brutal. That's why I don't comment on here much anymore. I just read Ambassador, Swo, and Butchie's comments, cause they know football in this state well.

I only hope NCS stays in a weak Quad 3 (with no west teams in Q3), makes it to semis and then gets to host the semi game. In that scenario, with a west team hopefully turning it over 4-5 times, NCS might have a chance. But at this point, Union City, Dresden, and Humboldt are odds on favorites.

I just hope all of NCS keeps lookin to the semi finals and the title game. It'll give us "weak" teams a chance to upset NCS.

I just hope all of NCS keeps lookin to the semi finals and the title game. It'll give us "weak" teams a chance to upset NCS.

Theyre just like Cwood was last year, they honestly thought they was going to win the state championship. They didnt get ready for Ncs, who's playoff run usually ends in WC, and let them come down to Cwood and get the win. My point is, Ncs style football don't win gold balls in 1a very often, it's that hit you in the mouth and run it down your throat style that does.

Theyre just like Cwood was last year, they honestly thought they was going to win the state championship. They didnt get ready for Ncs, who's playoff run usually ends in WC, and let them come down to Cwood and get the win. My point is, Ncs style football don't win gold balls in 1a very often, it's that hit you in the mouth and run it down your throat style that does.

(1) didnt get ready for Ncs, who's playoff run usually ends in WC - "Usually" means once. As in 2010.

(2) NCS football this year is not the same as last year. As evidenced by :

Best Defense (Points per Game) Greeneville 3.9/7 Fulton 4.1/7 Trezevant 5.4/8 Nashville Christian 6.7/7 Maryville 7.6/7 Silverdale Academy 7.6/7 Grace Christian 8.1

Pretty good company Mr. Unenlightenedous. I sure hope WC gets the opportunity to come to NCS this year. I'll have you a blue and orange crying towel for the long trip back down The Trace. It will be a modern day Trail of Tears!

(1) didnt get ready for Ncs, who's playoff run usually ends in WC - "Usually" means once. As in

(2) NCS football this year is not the same as last year. As evidenced by :

Best Defense (Points per Game) Greeneville 3.9/7 Fulton 4.1/7 Trezevant 5.4/8 Nashville Christian 6.7/7 Maryville 7.6/7 Silverdale Academy 7.6/7 Grace Christian 8.1

Pretty good company Mr. Unenlightenedous. I sure hope WC gets the opportunity to come to NCS this year. I'll have you a blue and orange crying towel for the long trip back down The Trace. It will be a modern day Trail of Tears!

No tears here buddy, if WC gets the opportunity to come up there and play I will just be happy to face a team like y'all got. I'm not trying to disrespect your program but I just don't think you understand what a state championship team fully looks like. UC in 09, sp in 10, WC in 11 and Gville last year is a whole different level. Y'all got hammered last year against a Huntingdon team that wasnt as good as their team from the year before that lost in the 3rd round. Good luck to y'all Edited by wildcat89