End of Regular Season 1A & 2A Teams To Beat & Surprises

TheAmbassador

Lets hear it boys and girls. We are already at week 5. Teams that played week 0 are already half way through regular season while others will get there this week. Who are the top contenders in 1A and 2A? Also list any good or bad surprising teams in 1A or 2A.

1A West. I see only three teams with any type of chance at representing the west.

Humboldt -( I feel it's theirs for the taking)

Dresden

Union City

1A East. I see only a few with any type of chance.

Greenback-(Right now seems to be head and shoulders the team to beat)

South Pittsburg- Playing better but will know more as they finish with Boyd, Polk and Marion County.

Coalfield-( Do not right them off just yet)

Nashville Christian-(According to reports they are the best thing since sliced bread)

Gordonsville -(Don't write them off either, they have a TB that can carry them deeper than most think)

2A East

Grace Christian

Trousdale County (Many wrote them off after Marion beat them last year. That's a NO NO. Trousdale will always be Trousdale. Watch out!

(I believe one of these two will represent the east)

Marion County

Boyd Buchanan

Rockwood

Oneida

(I think these four teams can go multiple rounds)

2A West

Adamsville

Trinity Christian

(I don't know about alot of others)

Edited by TheAmbassador

Lets hear it boys and girls. We are already at week 5. Teams that played week 0 are already half way through regular season while others will get there this week. Who are the top contenders in 1A and 2A? Also list any good or bad surprising teams in 1A or 2A.

1A West. I see only three teams with any type of chance at representing the west.

Humboldt -( I feel it's theirs for the taking)

Dresden

Union City

1A East. I see only a few with any type of chance.

Greenback-(Right now seems to be head and shoulders the team to beat)

South Pittsburg- Playing better but will know more as they finish with Boyd, Polk and Marion County.

Coalfield-( Do not right them off just yet)

Nashville Christian-(According to reports they are the best thing since sliced bread)

Gordonsville -(Don't write them off either, they have a TB that can carry them deeper than most think)

2A East

Grace Christian

Trousdale County (Many wrote them off after Marion beat them last year. That's a NO NO. Trousdale will always be Trousdale. Watch out!

(I believe one of these two will represent the east)

Marion County

Boyd Buchanan

Rockwood

Oneida

(I think these four teams can go multiple rounds)

2A West

Adamsville

Trinity Christian

(I don't know about alot of others)

It will take me a few more weeks to really get a feel for some of these teams.I feel you are selling the Pirates short(as you all Usually do).GB has some very telling games in Rockwood and GCA coming up.I also agree don't count Coalfield out yet they have plenty of time to adjust to their injuries and if the get their center back by playoff time they may make alot of noise.In 2a i see GCA as the team to beat for the gold,oneida will be their quarterfinal opponent.I have no clue about the west-Although i keep hear NCS is the 2013 1A Champ.

It will take me a few more weeks to really get a feel for some of these teams.I feel you are selling the Pirates short(as you all Usually do).GB has some very telling games in Rockwood and GCA coming up.I also agree don't count Coalfield out yet they have plenty of time to adjust to their injuries and if the get their center back by playoff time they may make alot of noise.In 2a i see GCA as the team to beat for the gold,oneida will be their quarterfinal opponent.I have no clue about the west-Although i keep hear NCS is the 2013 1A Champ.

I'm not selling SP short. I have them listed as one of the top teams. Greenback has an impressive résumé so far is all I'm saying. Coalfield getting a linemen back that apparently had a nasty break in the leg will be tough to get back. It could happen though. What type of backup TBs does Coalfield have taking up the slack for Bible?

I'm not selling SP short. I have them listed as one of the top teams. Greenback has an impressive résumé so far is all I'm saying. Coalfield getting a linemen back that apparently had a nasty break in the leg will be tough to get back. It could happen though. What type of backup TBs does Coalfield have taking up the slack for Bible?

He is definately not Bible!

I wouldn't buy into the whole NCS hoopla just yet...they are good but...

Maybe You Should Look At Humboldt's Schedule And See The Level Of Competition They have Played...Their Opponents Are 2 And 14......Two Of The Teams They Played Have Not Won A Game...And Played Humboldt Tough..The Other Two Teams Have One Win Apiece...So Yeah...Hoooray For Humboldt!

Edited by Butchie

2A Teams provided they stay healthy. GCA is the real deal. A true test this week against CAK and then in weeks to come Greenback, however their defense and offense are solid. Trousdale looks strong as well. On the west side it looks like Trinity Christian, Adamsville and possibly Huntingdon. Trinity's true test will be non-conference ECS in game 10. They had to come from behind to beat Adamsville so could see a repeat in the 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, expected TCA to be 5-0 at this point in the season.  Most picked them to be no better than 1-4 or 2-3 at this point of the season.  The offensive line, which was a huge worry for me before the season started, has really come together and gelled as a solid unit.  They are providing great protection for QB Kyle Akin and are opening up holes for Goldsmith and Bond to run through.  Although the defense has given up some points this season, you can see a positive progression as the season moves on. 

Everyone knows that TCA's Kyle Akin is the real deal at QB.  But what has really helped TCA this season is the fact that they have developed a solid ground game with Andrew Goldsmith and James Bond. It has also helped TCA that they have remained injury free so far this season.  Head coach Blake Butler is proving to be one of the fine young coaches in all of Tennessee.

TCA has a tough non district game this week at 3A JCM.  They also have huge district games with rival JCS and a collision with Riverside to end the season after a week 9 battle at ECS.

As far as the rest of the west, Adamsville, Peabody, Huntingdon and Memphis Mitchell are the top teams in my opinion.  Quad 4 in Class 2A will be loaded come playoff time this season.  JMO