Lincoln County (3-2) vs Franklin (4-0)

comegetsome

Impressive.  The main weapon that the Falcons bring is a disciplined team that doesn't give up and can make coaching adjustments on the fly from coaches that know their stuff.  I'm expecting a great game tonight!!!!

Yes it should be a good game!

Looks like the Falcons have pretty good running game and seem hard to stop with a ball control offense that burns clock with an occasional pass that is wide open because they bound the Rock.  I assume nothing will change this Friday for the Falcons and the Rebels will need to step up and stop #1 & #9.  

Wow #9 is a soph?  He looks pretty solid.  He may have a bright future with the numbers he has so far.     

Edited by youthsportsPIX

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at the Rebels roster on their website, and it shows no player over 245lbs.  This can't be correct in this day and age.  What happened to all the big kids that Franklin used to have?  Do they go to other schools in Williamson county?

Guess you all will have an easy time then.  Good luck.

This is a very true statement, he may be a good High-School QB but only when in the pocket & feeling safe.

I would rather have a QB that will make a play happen (BHS' Mayer) with his feet when trouble happens, rather than panic and take horrendous sacks.

Joe Critchlow is the best quarterback in Williamson county. His stats say it all compared to the other quarterbacks and he's only a junior. How are you going to talk about a quarterback that has lead his team to a 2-3 record so far? You need to watch more football to be making the remarks you make. I watch Critchlow every Friday and has the ability to break tackles that could lead to sacks and make a play.

I was looking at the Rebels roster on their website, and it shows no player over 245lbs.  This can't be correct in this day and age.  What happened to all the big kids that Franklin used to have?  Do they go to other schools in Williamson county?

I believe you're looking at our old website sir. 5 on current roster over 250. Our whole team is Looking forward to a great game and a great atmosphere. I can still to this day remember playing in the pit when I was at FHS myself. Good luck to the falcons tomorrow night

Joe Critchlow is the best quarterback in Williamson county. His stats say it all compared to the other quarterbacks and he's only a junior. How are you going to talk about a quarterback that has lead his team to a 2-3 record so far? You need to watch more football to be making the remarks you make. I watch Critchlow every Friday and has the ability to break tackles that could lead to sacks and make a play.

This post made me want to look for some stats, and here is what I found: 

Critchlow: 637 passing yards with 6 TD's (This the only info provided by this week's Tennessean article. I'm hoping that, as a Franklin fan, you can fill in the blanks for INT, Rushing yards, and Rushing TD's for me)

Maher: 711 passing (8TD/3INT) and 367 rushing yards (2 TD/0 fumbles). (source: brentwoodhomepage.com)

I realize Brentwood has played 1 more game than Franklin, but Critchlow's average of 159 passing yards per game is not much higher than Maher's 142 ypg, and I'm willing to bet (but honestly I don't know for sure) that Maher's rushing ypg is much higher than Critchlow's.

After looking at the stats, it's clear that both guys are good QB's, but I'm inclined at this point to agree with CasualBystander's statement that Maher has more play-making ability than Critchlow. I've been to every Brentwood game this year, and Maher does a great job of getting out of the pocket under heavy pressure while keeping his eyes downfield and finding an open receiver. I haven't actually seen Critchlow play, so for all I know, he could be better at that than Maher, but I doubt it. It'll be fun to watch them both play next week to get a better comparison, I'm looking forward to it. 

"YouthSportsPix"

I don't think many people doubt that a Webb coached team would be built around a consistent defense. I personally think their pass-rush is what could set this team apart as it gets into it's heavy district schedule.

Are a ton of kids getting to touch the ball? Yes, and in the mediocre competition they have faced so far I would expect numerous kids getting touches, but when it comes to the meat of this schedule only a few athletes will be trusted in crunch time.

Their special teams is very special, and in a district where many teams are surrendering to giving Indy the ball at the 40 the ability to kick touch backs is beyond value. This is a great fact actually, people want to talk about Joe Critchlow on TV, when in reality the kicker #26 (Fatoney?) is the best prospect on this team.

"Bringtheheat"

Oh I'm sure you watch him every Friday night, and that doesn't make you too awful objective on the matter. I appreciate Mayer's ability to make something out of nothing on the field. Mayer plays on a team who is finding a new identity and breaking in new players. In this scheme Mayer not only has to be the cornerstone of the passing game, but also the running game as well. Critchlow has #23 & #11 to handle the running game responsibilities for him, Hence I appreciate Mayer as a dual-threat QB. In response to your statement about breaking tackles and making plays; Overtime against RHS last year.

FHScoach, I am glad to hear that I was looking at the wrong roster.  I just couldn't imagine a team with no one over 250.  Looking for a great game.  After looking at your game films, you have plenty of quality athletes for Lincoln County to play against.  It will definitely take our best effort tonight if we are to come out victorious.  Can't wait to watch this one, it should be a great one.

The Rebels defense limited the explosive Falcons running game with impressive 27 to 6 win at the "PIT".  My first time there and I must say it was a great atmosphere for high school football.    

Check out video highlights of game. 

http://www.franklinfootball.com/Video.aspx?videoId=7568&

Game STATS

http://www.unapproved website.com/games/football-fall-13/franklin-vs-lincoln-county/9-27-2013-AMFOEyTTIkC8pt2S7UPHbg.htm