Ricky Bowers and Ensworth have killed Tn football

cowboypete

Well the privates in Nashville all face the same issue give or take a team or two. MBA plays pearl Cohn every year even though PC hasn't really made a game of it lately. Brentwood high school is about a mile up the road ( same road ) from brentwood academy and has not played BA in a decade. The games were always competitive if I remember correctly. Even the Ravenwood games were fun to watch back when. Don't ask me why they no longer play... Everyone knows where BA is and if a parent wishes to send their kid to school there they will find a way. Both are a choice albeit a financial one in most situations.

Anyways, I am sure there are politics involved. So much for building local rivalries between the Pub and Privates.. There are many people who would like to see the privates play the non d 2 schedule completely against out of state teams.

You are an informed "follower" and understand that most if not all state based polls only consider their own state teams in their SOS.  That's perfectly fine.  As long as people realize it. You'd be amazed how many don't.

This has a profound effect on the SOS of a  team like MUS, who is forced increasingly every year to play OOS teams to fill a 10 game schedule, especially because their OOS opponents are usually their toughest opponents and among the best teams in their respective states: S Panola and Olive Branch MS;  Fayetteville AR last year (7A champ);  Pulaski AR this year.  The combined record of their 3 OOS opponents this year is 19-6 and of course 2 of those 6 losses were to MUS.  CBHS also has played 3 OOS teams this year, though not close to the same caliber of MUS' opponents.

Few TN public schools will play MUS (or D2 schools in general) largely because of the rules governing the state playoffs, and I can't blame them really.  Last year, White Station was on a par with eventual 6A champ Whitehaven and arguably the 2nd best local 6A team but didn't make the playoffs because they forfeited 2 games AND lost to both MUS and CBHS.  What are the odds WS will ever play a D2 team again?  Slim to none. 

Whitehaven and Ridgeway (across the street and 200 yards away from MUS) scrimmage MUS every August but I'm not holding my breath waiting for a regular season game. The other closest publics and natural "neighborhood" opponents - Germantown, Houston, Collierville - appear to have boycotted MUS, it is rumored because MUS (surprise surprise) "steals" (read "recruits") their (read "zoned") players from them.  Forget any logic about the kids actually living in generally affluent areas close to MUS, and that private schools have ZERO "zoned" students.  Germantown, the closest of these 3, played MUS virtually every year through 1998.  None of them has played MUS since.

As I have said before, the polls ultimately are meaningless points of conversation anyway, since it all gets decided on the playing field, and in the case of D2, everybody makes the playoffs.

Me personally i think yall should think Enswoth and BA for getting The state alot of publicity in high school football...heck your team is Not in D1 so you shouldnt be worried about them...There not stopping your team from making it to the playoffs..and they are then i understand why you made this post lol. No days kids dont wanna go to a school with a losinh record..If your winning games it wont matter because the kids will find you...

Well the privates in Nashville all face the same issue give or take a team or two. MBA plays pearl Cohn every year even though PC hasn't really made a game of it lately. Brentwood high school is about a mile up the road ( same road ) from brentwood academy and has not played BA in a decade. The games were always competitive if I remember correctly. Even the Ravenwood games were fun to watch back when. Don't ask me why they no longer play... Everyone knows where BA is and if a parent wishes to send their kid to school there they will find a way. Both are a choice albeit a financial one in most situations.

Anyways, I am sure there are politics involved. So much for building local rivalries between the Pub and Privates.. There are many people who would like to see the privates play the non d 2 schedule completely against out of state teams.

All i can say is if your team and coach is scared to play a private school yall dont have any heart. One good thing about playig private schools 9 times outta 10 you will never run into a public school who is fundamentally sound like them.heck i played for PC and we loved playing MBA
  • Upvote 1

All i can say is if your team and coach is scared to play a private school yall dont have any heart. One good thing about playig private schools 9 times outta 10 you will never run into a public school who is fundamentally sound like them.heck i played for PC and we loved playing MBA

I haven't looked at DI playoff qualification, but I believe a Win/Lose record is a factor. If that is the case, there are some DI head coaches not willing to play the top DII teams. Why would Brentwood HS want to play BA? A possible loss could knock them out of the playoff.

IMO, the TSSAA is aware of this and is a part of their plan to alienate DII.

I haven't looked at DI playoff qualification, but I believe a Win/Lose record is a factor. If that is the case, there are some DI head coaches not willing to play the top DII teams. Why would Brentwood HS want to play BA? A possible loss could knock them out of the playoff.

I agree with you....in fact, it wouldn't at all surprise me if there were a group of D1 schools who lobbied the TSSAA for that change so that they could avoid the pressure of having to schedule games against the private schools, and hopefully deter their peers from doing so.

Interesting though that two of the Rutherford County teams--Siegel and Oakland--coming out of the most difficult region in the state scheduled d2-aa private schools, but private schools from Chattanooga (Baylor and McCallie) versus mid-state teams such as MBA, BA, or Ensworth.  If anyone in D1 should be wary of scheduling those games, it's teams from that region, and they did it anyways.

Last year, White Station, arguably the 2nd best pubic team in Memphis, lost to both MUS and CBHS and missed the playoffs.  Many fans howled and they didn't play this year.  Of course WS did forfeit 2 games and that was just as big a factor but some didn't see it that way.

Tssaa is made up of a bunch of goofballs. Of course they will cater to their biggest client .... The public schools. The ohio privates play in the playoffs with everyone so do the ky privates.. Trinity plays who they wish then the go into 6a. Same ole same ole

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/oct/21/is-there-another-move-underfoot-to-separate/

I understand that but thats just 1 out of 10 games...