Ricky Bowers and Ensworth have killed Tn football

cowboypete

Never ceases to amaze me how many posters from E TN pop up on D2 blogs....

Are we not allowed ? You should be glad that there's some Public school fans out there that actually do keep up with you guys ... DII is like a Graveyard now on here , it just seems to me you guys would like it that we do Keep up with you all . I hope Maryville does Schedule Ensworth or BA , or MBA ... any interest at all should be better than none 

• Upvote 1

No one wants to play Ensworth!  Be serious!  I doubt Brentwood, McCallie, Baylor, MBA, Father Ryan, MUS or anyone else wants to play Ensworth.  There isn't a team in the state that would challenge them on a regular basis.

Some schools actually enjoy competing against the best squads in the state. Take a trip to the coaches' offices at Baylor or BA this morning. You'll see a group of guys gearing up for a meaningful game against a great team. That's what football is about -- playing against the best, not legislating yourself into a division against inferior teams where you can waltz to a gold trophy and pretend you won something significant.

Are we not allowed ? You should be glad that there's some Public school fans out there that actually do keep up with you guys ... DII is like a Graveyard now on here , it just seems to me you guys would like it that we do Keep up with you all . I hope Maryville does Schedule Ensworth or BA , or MBA ... any interest at all should be better than none 

You know your stuff. I believe booster was referring to the ignorant East Tennesseans who come over here to troll, not the ones who are genuinely interested in the league and offer strong insight.

Never ceases to amaze me how many posters from E TN pop up on D2 blogs....

I quoted my own post so that those who tried to find some issue with it can read it again.   I was amazed at "how many posters" there are especially because there are no D2 AA teams in E TN outside of Chattanooga.   But WesVLT is also correct.  All too often they are trolling or making snarky comments.  Or inserting their team into the discussion.  And it's probably worse on the 6A blogs.  I have no problem with interested, informed comments from whatever source.

The Ensworth School is no doubt at the top of "ALL" schools in Tennessee for now. But the circle of high school football will bring them back to earth soon. People will not even discuss Ensworth In a couple of years when they go 7-3. High school football dynasties do not last forever. Ask Carlton Flatt.

So...to answer the question concerning this topic...NO, Ensworth and Bowers have not killed HS football in Tn. They have set a new level to compete no matter if you are DII, 5A, 1A, 22A, east Tn, southwest Tn, Alcoa, MUS, Fulton, Maryville, Fairview, Clinton, Gibbs etc.

If I was a HS football coach I would study the success Ensworth has and try to incorporate that into my team. Not be scared and jealous of their success. I would also try to schedule them. "iron sharpens iron"

my son played do BA. Some BA coaches told me they tried to schedule Maryville a few times. Maryville politely declined. This was a couple years ago this was said.

my son played do BA. Some BA coaches told me they tried to schedule Maryville a few times. Maryville politely declined. This was a couple years ago this was said.

well gee , Maryville tried to play BA too .... seriously guys , if you want to be accepted by all , you need to stop with the everybody's scared crap . There's lots of teams that want to play Maryville