South Pit vs Boyd (Moore man against that Reynolds man)

Roy Dillard

These refs absolutely suck. Their o line are holding every play. I mean tackling. Give me a break. I don't care what anybody says Boyd is not good and now the refs are trying to take care of them. What a joke

If you thought those refs sucked you shoulda been at sequatchie and stone game. I hardly ever complain bout the refs but it was awful. Ive never seen seq fans yell so much. Them refs must of been from the replacement refs from the nfl. But good win by SP keep up the good work. Us indian fans are rooting for the pirates.

I read over it a couple of times including Jasper's schedule. It doesn't take away it is a cupcake schedule. Say what you want, but trousdale and grace Christian are FAR better teams than you this year. Next year when you are loaded again and will probably beat SP, just make sure you have a tougher schedule so you can see what it is like to struggle.

Really Mike??  I agree that GCA is the team to beat, but Trousdale is FAR better than us??  Seriously?  When have you seen them play this year?  I am pretty sure that the jackets have improved a bunch but keep in mind that it is a team we beat handily last year and both teams return the majority of their players this year and next.  They may end up being better than us, but I am pretty sure they aren't way better.  Guess we will see in round two or three.  I don't like the schedule at all, wished we would have played a couple of tougher teams, but it is just like when MC was the bully on the block, we had a tough schedule, and the last ten years or so the Pirates do when they are the class of the valley.  I remember a time not so long ago when the pirates played a cupcake schedule and the valley teams have always been mediocre other than a year here or there so don't hand me that they were better then than now, so were the pirates, so were the warriors.  Congrats on your big win over the Bucs......

I understand Boyd is young this year, but I still didn't think SP would physically punish them like they did last night. Also, I will ask this question. The only time SP punted last night it was 4th and 3 around Boyd's 40. Boyd had not came close to slowing SP down. Does anyone close to the team know why they punted? I've seen SP go for 4th and 1 on their own 40 this year so just curious why they didn't go for 4th and 3 on the Boyd 40. Maybe it was just out of respect for Boyd's defense. Other than that one decision, I liked what I saw. I thought they were breaking out the old side saddle. LMBO

Edited by TheAmbassador

I understand Boyd is young this year, but I still didn't think SP would physically punish them like they did last night. Also, I will ask this question. The only time SP punted last night it was 4th and 3 around Boyd's 40. Boyd had not came close to slowing SP down. Does anyone close to the team know why they punted? I've seen SP go for 4th and 1 on their own 40 this year so just curious why they didn't go for 4th and 3 on the Boyd 40. Maybe it was just out of respect for Boyd's defense. Other than that one decision, I liked what I saw. I thought they were breaking out the old side saddle. LMBO

Old Pirate ain't so sure that yous not been under attack by the skillet slinger. Point here is... The Pirates play a tough schedule based on enrollment of about 250 and the valley teams are down as is SP in terms of the best Pirate teams. The Warriors former chief chose to weaken the schedule due to improper studding round the jail house. Both are doing well and are the best the valley has to offer but both current teams would get earholed by better former teams. Personally OP don't see this Pirate team being in the top 10. Recon they don't have to be thou with a weaker 1A now with all them circle fly folkes playing in 2A! Now after seeing the feuding at the swamp last night, the Pirates have grown into a better team with far less penalties and overall better execution." Dad burnit, Old Pirate ain't said you youngons ain't still got to continue to work everyday to get better neither, cause theys plenty to improve on."

SP better not come into this game thinking they already have it won...Yes, Boyd is down by normal standards...but we are as well talent wise compared to the last 5 or 6 years...Do I think SP can beat Boyd, yes. Do I think they will, yes. However, what I am concerned with is if they come out flat right out of the gate like they have done in several games this year. Boyd has played a tougher schedule and the longer they hang around the more their odds of winning go up...Go Pirates

SP-34

Boyd- 20

good prediction. Roy should be proud of you.

I never said anything about this team being one of the top SP teams. No, I don't think they are either, but the fact still remains they physically punished Boyd last night. Also, I asked the question about punting. You're no help to me because you can't answer the question.

Sorry Deputy Abassador, OP didn't intend to attach to your post. OP was forced to sleep on a top bunk last week and fell out two times. Recon OP jest ain't got unscrambled! Old Pirate was responding to that Jasper feller-Truth Prevails

Sorry Deputy Abassador, OP didn't intend to attach to your post. OP was forced to sleep on a top bunk last week and fell out two times. Recon OP jest ain't got unscrambled! Old Pirate was responding to that Jasper feller-Truth Prevails

Figured that was the case. I am glad jasper is back in form but can't continue to play down just to win and get in the playoffs. Just saying. Jasper used to okay Soddy daisy and Baylor and red bank outside of the valley teams. Now they play more 1A teams than SP. Just saying. I don't diss agree with creating a weak schedule to build confidence but more than 2 years is just padding the stats...for the players...and the coach