12A Basketball

RedTang

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not since summer camp.  This week was first week of practice with all team members there as I've been told.  They only had 4 or 5 players that were not in football.  I would not think WC will do very well until after Christmas. 

I caught the WC/Decatur Co. game on Friday.  DC by 11.  WC led after 1st.  DC by 1 at the half.  Close game up until mid 4th quarter and DC pulled away.  WC looked ok considering 4 days of practice.  Football boys still playing rough.  Freshman Rice & freshman Bevis played well to be freshmen.  I thought that the Camfield kid looked pretty good for WC as well & soph Tyler Brown played good in sperts.  I think WC goes to Adamsville tonight & plays MTP at home tomorrow night. 

I caught the WC/Decatur Co. game on Friday.  DC by 11.  WC led after 1st.  DC by 1 at the half.  Close game up until mid 4th quarter and DC pulled away.  WC looked ok considering 4 days of practice.  Football boys still playing rough.  Freshman Rice & freshman Bevis played well to be freshmen.  I thought that the Camfield kid looked pretty good for WC as well & soph Tyler Brown played good in sperts.  I think WC goes to Adamsville tonight & plays MTP at home tomorrow night. 

I had to go to west tn yesterday.  Stopped in and caught the Wayne County/Adamsville game.  WC stunk it up and will be lucky to win a game if they play like they did last night.  I thought that they may be ok this year but not holding my breath.

WOW! Not enough happening in 12a if its 2 days since a post in season!

Need something exciting to talk about to get it going!

Not sure if this is it.... but how will the Perry County/Summertown matchup go Tuesday night?

Depends on which Perry County team wants to show up. The Vikings are one and four on the season and got waxed by Waverly seventy to twenty-six. Vikings have the tools to have a good team but turnovers kill this team.

Summertown has to find their inside game. Too willing too jack the 3 ball when opportunities are there low.

True teamwork is dishing the ball too higher percentage shots when they are open. Not a lot of size, but the talent is there.

If they can learn to play as a team and not worry about who the high scorer is they could be hard to beat...... even for "THE WOOD" 

Summertown has to find their inside game. Too willing too jack the 3 ball when opportunities are there low.

True teamwork is dishing the ball too higher percentage shots when they are open. Not a lot of size, but the talent is there.

If they can learn to play as a team and not worry about who the high scorer is they could be hard to beat...... even for "THE WOOD" 

True,  they must have some kind of inside game.   Timmy Beard showed what he could do  in the Richland game, if he will become more consistant.  It is very discouraging to that part of the team that plays hard on both defense and offense, to have that other part of the team put the ball in the air no matter what kind of shot they have.  Also Coach Hunt  must realize that high school games cannot be won ny wholesale substitutions.  If its playing  time your concerned about, give it  to them  one, two, or even three at a time, but not all five--the talent is jist not there.