12A Basketball

RedTang

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summertown has begun to play more team ball and is playing better. That is what most Eagles fans have come to expect from the program. They don't have to get on here and brag about winning a few games, but when they aren't playing well that's something they will discuss.

Now to give credit where credit is due. Coach Hunt has pulled the kids together. They have begun to play a game inside the paint area and not just firing up a three pointer every possession. They are still shooting several three pointer but making more because they are not contested and rushing the shots. Better ball movement and the effort to get the ball low to Beard has greatly improved. When they learn to quit making the stupid mistakes of youth like stepping out of bounds, 3 second lane violations, and forcing the ball when it shouldn't be, this team will be a solid team.

Summertown was wiped last night vrs Mt Pleasant. The athleticism of MP was far better than Summertown. But Stown found a way to use that aggression against them. Foul trouble and frustration set in. Now before the blame game comes in on the reff's. There were a few calls that went agains both teams, fact is after the 1st quarter Stown was the better team last night. Stown couldn't get a rebound or hit a shot in the first quarter and got themselves in a mess. Down by about 13 or more at one point it looked like it was going to be a blow out! The kids kept battleing and thats what is expected from a Summertown team. Wanted to throw a shot out to Tyler (I think is his name smallest kid on the team), he showed a huge effort and courage on his play early in the come back when he took the ball to the basket. Early in the game the Eagles had been rejected most every time, and every shot was contested, his shot and completion of the traditional 3 point play was huge early in the contest. The Eagles have come off a good week of basketball.

Summertown came out shooting lights out last night against Forrest, the game was never in question. The Eagles continue to build momentum, anxious to see how the district games go.

Edited by Eaglehoops9450

Summertown was 6 of 7 on three pointers at one point in the first quarter. There was a stretch of 5 0f 5 on consecutive possessions in that quarter by 4 different shooters. Stown led 42-20 at the half. This team is playing a lot better now moving into district play. It's gonna be a fun season I they continue to get better at this pace they may upset some teams that ain't ready for them!

Edited by EAsports

Yes indeed I would take it too.. Proud of the raiders the gave Cwood all they wanted... Richland showed they can hang with the best so looking forward to tourney time but still a lot of ball left.. Tough though when. U lead whole game except the last min.. Big 3 from #42 to take the lead..

Sounds like it was a great game. Much better than the first meeting. Nothing wrong wIth getting hot at tourney time. Good luck to the raiders.

Just saw where Collinwood beat Waynesboro 47-41. My question is: Is something wrong with Collinwood? They haven't been beating teams by twenty plus anymore. Scored 52 and 47 in back to back games? Is their Offense going down because their trying to do too much? Are there kids missing due to injuries or academics? Or are shots just not falling? For a team that is averaging around seventy points a game, only winning by two and six and scoring 52 and 47 in back to back games, something must be going on? I hope not because this team from what i saw last month when Perry County went down there, they are special.

Definitely cwoods worst game this year but I don't think that means we are on a downward spiral. 7 away games in a row..will b 10 before we get a home game. We just need to get back in school and a good home game and we'll be back in stride. Wboro pretty unfriendly gym at that. While your continued concern for our undefeated team is heartwarming PC....I think we are fine