Elizabethton vs Sullivan south

BigBama42

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen all 4 teams play this season? Pudding, you are probably the only one who could be neutral and honest about it. I might give it a shot with 4 games left. Otherwise it's just talk. My guess is that South is the weakest link but I have nothing to back that up with. South needs another facet and they have had two weeks to install one. Nevertheless, these teams rule through 5A and possible 6A. Would love to see all play before the showdown with 'Betsy and South.

Has anyone seen all 4 teams play this season? Pudding, you are probably the only one who could be neutral and honest about it. I might give it a shot with 4 games left. Otherwise it's just talk. My guess is that South is the weakest link but I have nothing to back that up with. South needs another facet and they have had two weeks to install one. Nevertheless, these teams rule through 5A and possible 6A. Would love to see all play before the showdown with 'Betsy and South.

Comp,

I'm just a guy with an opinion.  Like you said, 4 games to go.  I have seen South, Betsy, and Greeneville all once this year (one on video from a buddy).  IMO, G-ville is 10 points ahead of South right now.  But we are talking several weeks down the road, and with injuries and so on, who knows.  I do think if South and Elizabethton played this Friday night, I'd take South by 8.  I just think South has so many skill position threats and we all know Elizabethton has one big one.  If South stops their Cyclone RB, could anyone say South wouldnt win?  Fulton, from conversations with friends to da west, could be the best team in the state at any public school level.  So, my order is below with my perceived point edge next to each.  My gut tells me that Fulton could be worth more points than below as well.

Fulton +14

Greenevile +10

South +8

Elizabethton -

(Yes, doing my fuzzy math, I put Fulton +32 over Elizabethton)

Well...since my little Devil has gone on to bigger and brighter pastors after collecting a couple of rings the one thing that I miss most around this time of year is the jockeying for seeding and playing a little bracketology! All this talk about the Devils vs Betsy or SS is great,but right now a lot of ball is yet to be played. Just for fun: If the season ended today SS (3) would play Betsy (4) which the winner would have the privilege to then play Fulton. Now, If Greeneville wins their first two round games and heck froze over and Besty or SS defeated Fulton then we would meet. 

Like I said the quad is going to change a bit over the next few weeks with Fulton playing Knox Carter (who is undefeated) at the moment and most likely will remain undefeated until the Fulton contest.They will end up 9-1. Elizabethton and SS play and if all holds constant one of them will end up 9-1 as well. if Greeneville continues to win out and ends up 10-0 as well as Fulton then betsy, SS and Knox carter are all playing for the 3rd seed. NOW Clariborne is not going to be around in the end so that may allow to bring in Knox Catholic which could change things around some more...MAN I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!Good luck to all, but especially my DEVILS

Well...since my little Devil has gone on to bigger and brighter pastors after collecting a couple of rings the one thing that I miss most around this time of year is the jockeying for seeding and playing a little bracketology! All this talk about the Devils vs Betsy or SS is great,but right now a lot of ball is yet to be played. Just for fun: If the season ended today SS (3) would play Betsy (4) which the winner would have the privilege to then play Fulton. Now, If Greeneville wins their first two round games and heck froze over and Besty or SS defeated Fulton then we would meet.

Like I said the quad is going to change a bit over the next few weeks with Fulton playing Knox Carter (who is undefeated) at the moment and most likely will remain undefeated until the Fulton contest.They will end up 9-1. Elizabethton and SS play and if all holds constant one of them will end up 9-1 as well. if Greeneville continues to win out and ends up 10-0 as well as Fulton then betsy, SS and Knox carter are all playing for the 3rd seed. NOW Clariborne is not going to be around in the end so that may allow to bring in Knox Catholic which could change things around some more...MAN I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!Good luck to all, but especially my DEVILS

Betsy has already lost a game so they could go into post-season at 8-2 and South 10-0. At worst it would be 9-1 for both Betsy and South unless one of them loses prior to their week 10 meeting.

Betsy has already lost a game so they could go into post-season at 8-2 and South 10-0. At worst it would be 9-1 for both Betsy and South unless one of them loses prior to their week 10 meeting.

Thanks for the help RebRaider85... I forgot that Besty had lost to Science Hill. Its going to be exciting to see how it all plays out.

Comp,

I'm just a guy with an opinion.  Like you said, 4 games to go.  I have seen South, Betsy, and Greeneville all once this year (one on video from a buddy).  IMO, G-ville is 10 points ahead of South right now.  But we are talking several weeks down the road, and with injuries and so on, who knows.  I do think if South and Elizabethton played this Friday night, I'd take South by 8.  I just think South has so many skill position threats and we all know Elizabethton has one big one.  If South stops their Cyclone RB, could anyone say South wouldnt win?  Fulton, from conversations with friends to da west, could be the best team in the state at any public school level.  So, my order is below with my perceived point edge next to each.  My gut tells me that Fulton could be worth more points than below as well.

Fulton +14

Greenevile +10

South +8

Elizabethton -

(Yes, doing my fuzzy math, I put Fulton +32 over Elizabethton)

I understand where your coming from however. I look at a few things when debating South and Elizabethton. Such as one everyone seems to forget Elizabethtons Defense. Next although just a comparison Elizabethton Beat Boone easily. Elizabethton Beat Tennessee High Easily.  Whereas  I believe south struggled tremendously with TN high and a Small amount with Boone.  I also look at the cherokee game south won by 3 Daniel Boon beat cherokee by 1. These are just comparisons I believe that could contribute to the overall as well. Plus the Betsy D is very underated. If it had not been for the Science Hill game you could very well see an average similar to greeneville and fulton.    Souths biggest competition of the season was TN high besides Betsy in the end.  Nothing against south I just think Betsy wins by a narrow margin.  Of course I am a betsy fan so my opinion really dont matter lol.

As for play makers. I believe we have more than one. However, when you have one as good as Thomas you really do not have to show much more. For instance I believe our defense has scored quiet a few points this year. Plus just because others are not running up 300 a game does not make them incapable of winning a game.

Of course you did not expect me to say south beats betsy lol. It will be a great game. I will say that.

Edited by Woodby30

I would really like to see this game but I will be at The Fred. I think Betsy wins this one. Too much speed and good defense. Betsy playing S Hill so close is all I need to know. I remember some good DB and Betsy games when a Whitten was there and we had Adonis Johnson. Good atmospheres. I think 98,99 or 2000???